Dear Portal viewers,
I am working in one of the Private firms at Bangalore where Employer is deducting PF amount from Employees salaries but not paying it to the PF office. We have our UAN # to check passbook in PF online website and are aware that Employer hasn't paid the PF deducted to the PF office/Employee account, for the last 15 months.
My question is : Will the employer get to know if we place the grievance online (thru PF office persons) and is there any possibility that Employer will trouble the Employee for doing so ? Kindly advs, thanks.

From India, Bengaluru
Insolvency N Gst Professional


Hi Anuradha,
You can raise the grievance mentioning that your passbook is not updated. There might be a chance that, your employer might be paid and passbook is not updated.
You can directly connect with your HR person and check the status of PF payment and your passbook issue.

From India, Bangalore

There cannot be two ways to deal with PF PB not updated.
Just check with HR about the matter and show them the latest date of deposit of employer contribution.
Failure to remit deducted portion of PF is an offence and employer will get penalised if found to be true.
Has no one asked HR about this in last 15 months?
Actions possible under:Employees’ Provident Funds & Miscellaneous Provisions (EPF&MP) Act, 1952 :
(i) Action under sec 7A of EPF & MP Act, 1952 against the defaulting establishments for assessment of dues.
(ii) Action under Sec 14B of the Act for levying of damages for late depositing of dues.
(iii) Action under Sec 7Q of the Act for levy of interest for belated remittances.
(iv) Recovery actions as laid down under Section 8B to 8G of the Act.
(v) Action under section 14 of the Act for filing prosecution against the defaulters before a competent court of law.
(vi) Action under section 406/409 of Indian Penal Code (IPC) against the employer for non-payment of employees’ share of contribution deducted from the wages/salary of the employees but not deposited in the Fund.
If you complain the employer may come to know of it but EPF inspectors do come for checks on their own.
employer may trouble the complaining employees but as outsiders we cannot comment on their mindset.
First as already suggested meet HR and show them last entry of PF and request to look into the matter.Subsequent steps can follow.

From India, Pune
Thank you Mr. Praveen Bhosale and Mr. Nathrao for your replies & suggestions.
We have been contacting our HR dept from last 1 year and they say there is no allotment of fund for paying the PF amount to PF office and could be paid in coming months. however till now they haven't paid and they tell us upfront that they haven't paid.
My worry is if we bring this to notice of PF officials will they get to know about our complaint and can harm our job ! That's the only reason we haven't contacted PF Officials all these months.
Pl help advs any other method to bring this matter to the notice of PF officials (without disclosing our names ?). Will the matter be considered if we place anonymous complaint ?
Thanks to advise.

From India, Bengaluru

If You Are Knowledgeable About Any Fact, Resource or Experience Related to This Topic and Want to Be Part of Such Discussions in Future - Please Register and Log In to Cite Community.

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2023 CiteHR®

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server