Labour Law & Hr Consultant
Management Consultancy
Srinath Sai Ram
Hr Manager
Deepak Alambain
Hr Executive

If the factory's address changes, will the license be new apply, or the address change?
Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors made possible with help from our prime sponsors like:

TALENTEDGE Who provide a platform for "interactive anywhere learning". Courses from top reputed institutes like IIM, XLRI, MICA. View Courses

FACTOHR - Provides Customised Payroll, GPS Enabled Attendance, Travel, Performance Management, HRMS that can help streamline your organisation. Explore Features

Register Here and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
Dear Deepak,
It depends upon the nature of the change. The license issued under the Factories Act or any other similar Law of regulatory nature is basically a permission granted to use a particular premises for a particular purpose subject to certain norms. Therefore, when there is a cosmetic change like change in the door/site no., name of the street, name of the enterprise etc., amendments can be carried out accordingly. But, if the change contemplated is consequent on the shifting of the entire unit to some other place/address, the existing license has to be surrendered and a new license has to be applied for.
The applicable Factories Rules prescribe the situation wherein amendment of factory license is needed. Speaking with reference to Madhya Pradesh & Chatisgarh Factories Rules, such an amendment in Factory license is mandated when the limit of maximum B.H.P. installed on any day or the maximum number of workers engaged is exceeded, or effects any change in the name of factory. If the change in address contemplates change in the name of factory, then the application for amendment alongwith prescribed fees has to deposited for amendment of license.
Any changes is happening (change of occupier, manager, capacity or address change) to be notified to appropriate authority. Accordingly the license to be ammended. It is presumed, an application in Form:II to be made for notify the change. If you do not notify the change where to send the notice and communication. This is a legal requirement, so the rules of your State Facories Act to be followed. It is therefore suggested to contact your factory inspector or his office to ascertain the process.
Dear Mr Deepak, your question does not elaborate the reasons for Change of Address.It is presumed that you are Shifting your Factory from one location to another.Consequently, you have to surrender your present Factory License.Thereafter, YOU HAVE TO APPLY FOR LICENSE TOGETHER WITH FACTORY PLAN TO JURISDICTIONAL AUTHORITY UNDER DEPT OF FACTORIES &BOILERS
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™