View Poll Results: Can Employer Suddenly Close Employees Pf Account ?
Yes its Legal 0 0%
NO its Illegal 1 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Sr. Hr Executive

I am working in a private college since 2012 with a basic pay band - 15600 to 39000. Yesterday (07:02:2018) after I received my salary , I have learnt that the employer has not deducted my pf ( Employees contribution of rs 1800). The authority has also informed me that they are not going to deduct the pf (employees contribution of rs 1800) and thereby will also not contribute employers contribution (rs 1800).
Is it a legal step from the point of my Employer ? Can I continue my PF account personally if my employer is not willing to deduct (employees contribution) and contribute (employers contribution) ?

From India, Kolkata
Dear Abhinandan,
You need to have word with your management, as if PF is deducted once then it needs to be continue till the time employee is in the service. If your employer is not ready to listen then you may approach PF commissioner and complain about the same. They will help you in this regard. Secondly employer cannot stop the contribution they can restrict there contribution upto ceiling value of Rs. 15,000/- basic.

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™