Dear Colleagues,
We have taken a person in the grade of office boy for our Lucknow depot. Our Head office is based at Bangalore and we are processing salaries/Wages from head office including payment of PF and ESI contribution to concerned authorities. According to Karnataka minimum wages, I have go fix his wages @ Rs.11,300/- and according to UP minimum wages I have go fix his wages at Rs.7400/-. I request you to share your views as to whether I should fix UP wages or Karnataka wages while issuing his appointment letter. Can you please share your firm opinion on this so that it will be of great guidance and help for me.

From India, Bangalore

Get Empowered With Critical Leadership Skills That Drive Change →
Promoted: XLRI Leadership & Change Management
Your concern authority minimum wage for PF and ESI is 11300/- then you fix minimum wage 11300/- or you may get sub code for the concern authority where minimum wage is 7400. Thanks Manish
From India, Bangalore
Dear Friend,
Minimum wage is a mandatory limit that you can not pay less than the minimum wages, but the MW Act does not prevent employers from paying more.
You can pay the minimum wages of UP and you will be legally compliant.
Please compare what you are paying for the same job in Karnataka, then you should pay the same to the employee. (just a suggestion)
Warm Regards
Bharat Gera
HR Consultant

From India, Thane

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply →

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHR.Comô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server