Sr. Officer Hr
International Mktg Manager
You had already mentioned the criteria of 10 years good service. If you want to give benefits to that other employee then the criteria should be other than service years. Instead you can provide benefits to the deserved candidates on sole discretion of management that way you need not draft the new policy and set criteria as that can bring forth many issues regarding employee claims for the benefits. only Service years do not implies that the candidate is deserving.
16th October 2017 From India, Pune
My thoughts are here and a few are already practiced by small and mid sized companies in India
1. It is good to communicate to the team that the management appreciate long term service and loyalty. So come up with a policy, benefits, and publish it and propagate it wherever possible. Because this can enhance the morale of employees and attract potential employees to join your organisation.
2. Give some appreciation to those who are completing 5 years. Plus a voucher from an ecommerce joint would be easy to administer.
3. For those who are completing 10 years, a special leave for a week (to be used up at one stretch) plus some cash incentive. Let them go and celebrate with family for week
4. For those who are completing 5/10 years, a get together with family members and management is a feel good activity. Plus a lunch or dinner
5. Publishing a few words from the senior folks (10 and more years) about company and their career in the form of a testimonial. This can be a free promotional material for the company for websites and social media.
16th October 2017 From India, Bangalore
we are not giving service years as benefit criteria as this will create issues as every other employee who completes 10 years will be eligible for it.
we already have service anniversary awards and cash benefits for 5 , 10 and above years.
we have reward programs for top 4 employees.
Here what we need is a very special benefit for only those employee who have literally strived for company day n night on leaves n holidays with remarkable contribution.
qts is we already know clearly who are they but one employee is such who has done remarkable contribution but is young with her experience yet for the company and probably not that management thought oriented so for such employee to consider or not was questions as employee is close to our company too. That is why we thought to make some parameters who can be eligible wo hurting anyone;s feelings.
for future we need to be clear.
16th October 2017 From India, Bengaluru
1. Just share an auto email to all the company employees saying that these many have completed 5, 10 years and so on along with the activities they like when they are free.
2. Just give them a book my show vouchers that fits for a family of 4 and so.
3. Book a hotel with free food for their family.
4. Give a holiday ticket to Goa and so. For couple, as they both might have missed many valuable or happy moments because of late nights or on some special personal occasions.
5. Gift can only be money, as the gifts like sweets or nuts doesn't value as they expire in a single day.
17th October 2017 From India, Hyderabad