Process Industry Consultant / Soft Skill
Training, Motivational Speaker, Writing,
Ir, Er, Payroll, Recruitment,
I am sure you have rich experience and are a competent professional.
However, if I were to analyze your brief written communication above, I note some glaring errors.
The title of your post says Need to work out on my weekness - English Speaking. The spelling is wrong. It should be weakness.
You are missing out on the articles a, an, the in your communication. E.g. I am working as a Purchase Manager… Since the last 10 years…..
In the last sentence the word overlap is wrongly used. I presume you wanted to say overcome and not overlap.
There are some more minor errors in the above draft.
The point I am emphasizing is that you need to take some major corrective action inorder to overcome your weakness in communicating in English.
My suggestions for the same are as under:
• Identify a personal tutor or go for a Basic English Language course. Thereafter, if possible also go for intermediate English classes.
• Try and talk in English as often as possible. You must also make friends with people who are fluent in English and encourage them to correct your language so that you can speed up the learning process.
• Draft all your communication in Word so that some grammar and spelling mistakes are highlighted and you correct them. Do take the help of a colleague to proof read and edit your written communication. You will become aware of your mistakes.
• Read extensively. If you have any doubts about the meaning of a word do use a dictionary to understand the meaning.
• Be careful when you translate your thoughts from your native tongue into English. Most people who have studied in the vernacular medium make the mistake of literally translating into English.
• Do try to learn a few new words every day. Use it as often as possible so that you get familiar with its meaning and usage. It will also help you expand your vocabulary.
If interested do read my Inspirational and Motivational blog www.actspot.wordpress.com to get additional inputs for personal effectiveness as well as to catch up on new words.
No doubt it will take you both time and effort, but you will definitely benefit from the experience.
8th June 2017 From India, Mumbai
Mr Jacob has already given his first lessons to you to start in right earnest.
Read that message carefully.
There are plenty of useful materials in Cite HR archives.
Browse by typing" English Speaking " in the 'search' box that you find above.
You will get a lot of useful references.
I have attached one more for your reference
9th June 2017 From India
Your suggestions will help me to improve. I will proceed with your suggestions & try to overcome my weakness.
I humbly request to all others to reply their views & suggestions on my Post, those will helpful for me to progress.
Also, please share the useful study material with me, if you have any.
Once again Thanks to All.
9th June 2017 From India,