i worked in a company where they used to pay 40%of my salary through cheque and 50%in cash..initially they always use to delay my salary like i never got in before 25 th of the next month..after demonatisation they stopped giving me my salary by understanding the situation i didnt asked them for my november salary till january 10 but after when i asked them they use to make fake promises then finally after asking continuously and not getting it till end of january i decided to leave the place by the first week of february..and till now they are making fake promises and not giving my salary and making fun of me and i am literally tortured as i joined this company only because the boss approached me a lot and was continuously after me from one more then one month so i thought to change my previous job and come here.i cannot go legal as i dint have any proff as in salary slip or something they owe me around three months of my salary.till february i got the cheque amount credited in my account as they use to delay my salary by not paying it one time...what to do i am very much tortured kindly help me with this

Yesterday From India, Delhi

From India, Delhi

Dear Riyu...
Its very difficult to get your salary back because you don't have any proof. You did not go legal process also , but try one time go to some good legal person who handle this type of matter and try to solve it. or request to your boss for your salary.
But in the next time please don't join any company without the proper documentation like salary slip, offerletter , appointment letter. all these are important at the time of joining the company.

From India, Jalalpur
they use to get our signature on the revenue stamp slip for both the cheque and the cash thing but nothing was given to us their accontants kept those..i have my boss call records and watsapp messages in which they agreed to pay me but not paying till yet..can i go to police..
From India, Delhi
[email protected]

Back Office Operations
I don't think you can do anything for getting your past salary dues except pursuing the matter in a friendly and cordial manner.
One should not join such companies where the business is conducted in an shaddy manner. This also happens because there are many consultants in the market who advised them to follow unlawful ways of doing business.
Please be very careful in future to avoid such bad experiences.

From India, Mumbai

Labour Law Advocate
It seems your case is 40% salary was paid by cheque and rest 60% by cash. Now employer has refused to pay outstanding salary. You have no such documents to prove 100% of your salary. I assume you can only prove 40% of your salary.
In such scenerio, you may take a chance by going legal and sending a legal notice demanding 100% outstanding salary. Thereupon receipt of the reply of the management, you can decide the next course of legal action.

From India, Kolkata
Bharat Gera

Principal HR Consultant
1. You can take legal recourse, no doubt about it but before going legal you go and meet the boss and follow the process here under;
a. Narrate complete story from beginning to the end laying stress on that you promised me that the 60% of my salary you will pay off the record and in cash and that you paid it for --- months and then stopped. You are requested to pay. Carry your mobile and record total conversation starting from niceties.
b. Be aware that by accepting cash amount you have also done illegal thing along with them. They are aware of this. If you are ready to face consequences then you can go legal.
c. Hope your 100% salary amount does not make you liable to pay income tax.

From India, Thane
first you have to collect the proof of per month total salary which is committed by your boss whether it is cash or cheque, proof like, salary certificate or appointment letter for the joining of your new company. then you have to search new job where there is not this type of problem. if you will get new job then talk to friendly and cordial manner to get your salary or say some personal financial issues this is the only way, you get it your pending salaries. we always maintain our profession relations especially with our previous bosses. if you don't need feedback of your current employer from previous boss then you can contact to police.
From India, Delhi
Apex Management

Labour Laws Consultants
Dear Riyu,
While going through your narrated tail, one do have sympathy with you but as far as legal scenario is concerned, you will not be able to get anything out of it even after recording the conversations with your employer.
In my opinion, it is better and only way to approach your employer and politely extract your outstanding balance.

From India, Delhi
This discussion thread is old and is closed for new comments. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post a new thread. Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™