As per my appointment letter, I have to serve three month notice period or I have to pay the amount equal to my gross salary. I have given 35 days notice & it is accepted by the management. Now I have made the payment for my remaining notice & got the receipt. But in my resignation acceptance mail, they mentioned that the management has its right to hold my resignation during this period & extend my notice if the work allotted to me is not completed.
Meantime there was one external certification audit, for which I did the documentation work & I have prepared all necessary documents for the audit. But unfortunately on the day of audit, my management ask the auditor to revise the audit scope & postpone the audit to one month.
Now I have a fear that they may ask me to stay here still the audit is finished. But I have completed the work & ready to face the audit, they only postpone the audit.
Can they force me to stay in this scenario, if I have already paid my notice pay? If they force what can I do? 1st March 2017 From India, Delhi