Hr Manager
Private Consultant On Labour Laws

Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
I was working in one Pharma company in admin Dept, Kindly help me.. what are the documents to be maintain for Hr Dept .. we are coming under factory act so...
1) Minimum wages are appilicable are not ?
2) What records to be maintain ?
3) Notice Board is required to maintain to mention minimum wages ?
4) Labour licence is required or not ?
5) We are paying ESI Pf but not filling Returns ... Filling returns is mandatory ?
Please help me.....
With regards,

I have joined a newly started company as HR executive. We have issued Laptop, Mobile phone and vehicle to the sales executives. Now my director wants to give appointment letter to all employees. How can i mention the use of company properties by the employees in the appointment letter? Please guide me.

Dear Rajesh,

As you have not mentiobned the name of the place where your Pharma company is located,it is difficult to give exact answers to your querries.I suggest you to consult the state Rules of all the enactments, you have mentioned for you answers. However,I am mentioning the points for your general guidance.

1. Since you have mentioned that you are covered under the Factory Act, I am sure you must have obtained licence from the Chief Inspector of Factory of the State and complied with other statuory requirements.

2. As regards the application of the Minimum wages is concerned, you are required to check the list of Scheduled employments of the State as to whether the Pharma company is covered therein. If your company is included in the list of Scheduled employments, you need to pay the same rates to your employees and display the prevailng rates of minimum wages and its abstract on the notice board and submit the 'Annual Return' to the inspector.

3.The Contract Labour (Regulation and Abolition) Act,1970 applies to the Principal Employer of an Establishment where in 20 or more workmen are employed or were employed even for one day during preceding 12 months as contract labour. In that case the Principal Employer shall be required to obtain the Registration certificate from the concerned State labour authority.If the Contractor deploys more than 20 contract workers on any day, he shall be requred to obtained licence from the Authority.

4. It is good that you are paying ESI & PF to your employees but compliance with those Acts is equally important.Now you can even pay the ESI & PF contributions on line.

You are welcome for further query,if any.

BS Kalsi

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™