Due to some mis-understanding between M.D of our Company and C.A, we wanted to discontinuation of our old Chartered Accountant and appointed to a New C.A.. Unfortunately, our old C.A. is not contacting to us and all the records and some pending works also with him. Evenif he has not raised his bill for the F.Y. 2014-2015. If we deposit the TDS of C.A. for the financial year 2014-15 after 30th April, 2015 what will be the interest / penalty amount. What other problems we will face. He looks our audit and Income Tax matters.
From India, Delhi
Gopinath Varahamurthi
Mindhour Partner, Ass.professor/adm. Officer,
Insolvency N Gst Professional


I presume that the CA is doing internal audit of company a/cs.
The CA has no right to retain company records.
The CA would have given his schedule of charges for audit and IT matters.
Send a responsible officer to his office and pick up all company records.
Probably a registered letter can be sent prior to visit regarding bill and company records.
TDS is deposited for QE Mar 15 and is to be done by 30 April.
so to my knowledge there should no penalty on this transaction if it is for QE Mar 15.(Please reconfirm this from another or new CA/Tax consultant)

From India, Pune
gopinath varahamurthi

Further to the above, your company MD may inform the authorities about engaging the new CA. Also, the new CA may like to put his consent in written for taking all activities related to Tax/filing returns etc.,
From India, Arcot

Not returning or records by CA amounts to misconduct in profession besides offence under section 406 IPC. Send a legal notice for immediate return of records.Your new CA can advise you of interest payable for delay.
From India, New Delhi

Without giving the threat of consequences, the CA who is loosing his client will do everything to prevent loosing him. It is in every profession. Further delay is causing injury to company only and without sending legal notice, the new CA may not be able to explain the delay before IT authorities.
From India, New Delhi

""Thanks All for your suggestions till date our old CA is not responding any of our letter/mail etc.""
Legal notice needs to be sent.
ICAI can also be informed of misconduct by the CA in factual and legal manner.

From India, Pune

If You Are Knowledgeable About Any Fact, Resource or Experience Related to This Topic and Want to Be Part of Such Discussions in Future - Please Register and Log In to Cite Community.

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2023 CiteHRŽ

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server