Dinesh Divekar
Business Mentor, Consultant And Trainer
Partner - Risk Management
Senior Hr Advisor And Blogger
+1 Other

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Dear Friends,

I do not know if I am in the right place to find a solution for this query, anyway it would be good if some one can help me.

One of the reputed private sector bank close to our office refused to give service. The bank manager gave me two reasons, one they do not have enough manpower for service and second the service they provide to us does not give them credit.

Can anyone help me to understand if I am wrong by taking services to the closest branch of our office though I have an account opened eight years back ( at that time this branch did not exist) in their main branch? Is it necessary for us to always travel to the main branch to take services?

I am communicating to their call center, who just sends query nos and inform us to wait 2 days more everytime, I have already waited for more than a week now, none of the seniors come into picture though cc of the communication goes to each bank official concerned from Operation head to Branch head.

Can a bank refuse service to its customers giving us reasons?

Can someone guide me in such circumstance who is the right person in the bank to approach?

thanks and regards

From India, Mumbai
Dear jd2001,
Hope your query is about salary accounts of the employees that some bank near to your office has. Or was this company's current account?
What kind of customers to retain or not to retain is a call that service provider takes. What is the volume of the transaction? Any businessman will look for high-value transaction. Low-value transactions drag the businesses. Now how long to drag and when to hive off service is the discretion of the service provider.
Certain courier companies tell their clients that if you want our courier to report to your office everyday then you must give ___ volume of business per month. Otherwise, you send the courier to our nearest branch and we will take care of onward delivery. Now to provide partial services is a call that Branch Manager has taken. Client cannot question on this count.
Try talking to some other bank. Possibly they may agree to provide you the service.
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Better if you should have disclosed the bank name
If your service branch is other than the branch near to your office, you should apply for change in branch,
Second, for public sector bank there is grievance management system. I have used this on various occasion for my personal account and even when I was not the customer, still I managed to get them reply well on the matter.
You may directly complain to RBI (Reserve Bank of India)
please visit following link for details
If you lodge complaint by visiting above mentioned link, RBI will transfer the same complaint to nodal officers of the respective bank and this is a sure shot and works well.

From India, Mumbai
Amost banks worth banking with have long moved into core banking.

The concept of core banking is that all branches (or most of them) are linked and customer can bank at whichever branch he wishes. Some banks have restrictions on few transactions due to,security reason. Eg. HDFC will refuse cash / self cheques other than at home branch.

If it is a core banking that is refusing service, I am shocked.

You have choices :

- close your banking relation with this bank and chose a better one. Tell me where you are, I know sales executives from practically every bank will be over at your office to get account opening forms signed.

- if you wish to retain your relationship, go to the head office or zonal office and meet the customer service head, or the branch manager or your home branch and complain to him. Call centres are generally known to be useless.

- if you are sure that multi branch banking was a part of your service agreement when you opened the account, and you want to make trouble, complain to RBI. and do complain to the nodal officer at the grievance cell (every bank by law has it)

You could also file a consumer court complain against deficiency of service. But then get evidence or a witness to refusal to provide service. Again remember that anything to do with courts are expensive and time consuming

From India, Mumbai
Dear All,

Appreciate your valuable inputs. We currently maintain our current and forex accounts in two banks, hence the said bank is only stand by, my only concern was how can they refuse to accept forex documents, which we went to handover to their bank (they did not come to pick at our office), other bankers do provide us services), they just need to scan and send to their head office. (since head office does not accept scanned copies directly from customers) The reason of shortage of manpower in the bank and not getting credit was a shock, since these are beyond our reach as customers of the bank. ( I do not want to give the name in public since that might give bad name to the bank and that is not my intention). The service has nothing to do with transaction limit or volume of business of our company, since they did provide us these services earlier.

We surely would change the bank, since today we have lot of option and need not go behind one bank. But I hope everyone faces problems like me, the sales persons promises sky services and later on they leave the job and we are left at the mercy of service persons who makes us taste the mud on the ground.

thank you all.



From India, Mumbai
Consistency of service quality is a problem in india
Each one is in his own world and due to volumes customer service cell is a joke. Banks know this and don't care since there is enough of customers at lower level to replace ones who walk off.
Check out the website called mouth shut .com
You will find complains about practically every bank.
Generally action takes place when you access top management.
I try to ensure that I have contacts within the bank so that complains go through to the top and believe me, I'm private banks, the person can (and will) lose his job for that he did to you.
I think you should simply go and meet the branch and zonal head of the home branch and tell him why you are switching to a different bank. The situation will change rapidly

From India, Mumbai
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™