If a company asks a staff to leave and gives him 1 months notice pay
Company has deducted PF on this and also mentioned this in the full and final statement
But in form16 , company does not show this PF , after 1 year they say PF is not applicable on notice pay and they never deposited this with PF office.
But its already deducted from the employer, what is the best action to recover this amount ?

From India, Mumbai
Now freelance consultant in Labour law/HR

Wages paid in lieu of notice is not basic wages as per sec 2 (b of EPF Act.Hence recovery need not be made from it towards EPF. Varghese Mathew 09961266966
From India, Thiruvananthapuram
korgaonkar k a

Dear Queriest, You are entitled to get refund of the amount wrongly deducted by your employer. You need to write a letter to your employer.
From India, Mumbai
You should ask them to return the amount with interest (as applicable for EPF for the period the money was with them) with in a specific period, say, one month. If no action is taken by them to return the money, you can file a complaint with the EPF authorities telling them that though the employer has deducted the amount for EPF he has failed to deposit the same with the EPF authorities which is a criminal offence.
From India, Madras
Dear qureshi, pls approach your past employer for refund of amount otherwise you will free for file complain, against co.
From India, Indore
I understand the provision is very clear. But what would be the effect on the continuity of contribution in cases of transfer of PF where the contributing member joins another employer after the said notice period? please enlighten.
From India, Calcutta
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™