Siddharth S.Dear All
I am a fresh HR post graduate and I am currently looking for a job. During the process of job hunting, I have noticed that most job postings on the online job portals explicitly mention and I quote "Only male candidates can apply/ Only female candidates can apply".
I am unable to wrap my head around this, I mean it is fine if an organization lays emphasis on certain qualification, experience etc.
But isn't this denying employment on the basis of sex? This is for both male and female candidates.
I would like it if some seniors could throw some light on this topic
Regards Siddharth S.
From India, Mumbai
PROFESSIONALS AND BUSINESSES PARTICIPATING IN DISCUSSION
Certain jobs require the gender specific. Accordingly, the jobs are posted.
- Air hostess, only females are preferred. It is customer requirement
- Receptionist, only female are preferred. Again it is customer choice.
- Nurses, mostly females are preferred. They have patience.
- Hard physical work, only males are preferred. They have masculine power
- Job requires wide travel, males are preferred coz of hardship.
- Construction, mostly males are preferred due to hardship
Gender choice is demarcated based on specific job requirement.
From India, Lucknow