I did not receive the form16 from my current employer. when the company has deducted tax from my salary. i have checked online on income tax site and it is showing there as the Tax is entered in my account. i have written a few emails to the accounts manager but she has not responded to any of my email. what should i do in such a situation?
From India, Pune

Get Dual Certificates from IIM Shillong and SHRM →
Promoted: IIM Shillong - PG Certification in Human Resource Management (Explore Course)

When you joined your present employer? Please share your date of joining first which will help you in getting proper response.

Else, If you joined them in current FY 2013-14 (AS 2014-15) or after April 2013, you will get your Form16 next year after (March 2014 or as soon as the computation will be done by employer for the respective) completion of FY13-14 and but can get the deduction details in your salary slip every month.

for example : in your current month salary slip, you can notice the deducted amount (if /as applicable)

Now I would like to say something more about Form 16 for your better understanding.

At the end of financial year, company/employer issue a form 16 to an employee which contains the details about the salary earned by that employee and how much tax deducted,which contains details of deducted tax on each month. (April to March)

Lastly, there is no need to worry about anything because Form 16 is actually a statement/details about the tax deducted by the employer in behalf of employee and the same will be paid to government by the company, so they have have to provide F16 to the respective employee.

From India, Gurgaon
I have joined them in Jan 2012, had received the form 16 for last year FY 2011-20123. I havent received it fro Fy 2012-2013. i need to apply for home loan.
how should i do that? how can i file IT returns without Form 16?

From India, Pune
For 2012-13, how did you file your IT RETURN.? In the income tax site or through your bank, you can get a copy of form 26 AS, which will show details of tax deducted and remitted
From India, Bangalore
Whether your tax is deducted or not, if an employee asks for Form 16, Accounts/Taxation dept is bound to give him the same. It is a right of an employee.
From India, Mumbai
Nowadays filing of IT return is through online wherein Form 16 is not required as mentioned by other members 26AS is sufficient to match the TDS deducted. For home loan copy of the IT return is sufficient, or incase if IT return is not available 26AS along with your Statement of Income will suffice the bankers requirement, for which you have to consult a senior person of the Bank, the sales representative will not be able to guide you properly.
The above does not state that the employer should not give you FORM 16, they are bound to give you. Send a letter to the HR/CFO/Director to help in resolving your problem

From India, Ahmadabad

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply →

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHRô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server