After 7 yrs of Struggle i finally got my husband PF money but they refused to give EDLi saying company was exempted from it...
I feel helpless coz the company does not exist any longer....
Also Can you please tell how much pension i\'d be getting if my husband Basic salary was arnd 13000...he passed away when he was still in service!

From India, Noida
Hi Mam,
Sorry to hear the loss of your husband.
Please confirm us the tenure of his service, his organisation's name \location, his pf account number
we'll check and confirm you on your query, and will also try to help you on the EDLI Benefits too.

From India, Delhi
Sir, he started working in October 1998....
He was there till he passed away in Jan 2006
his PF no is BGBNG 10696/350
i got the PF amount(form 20)
But they refused to give EDLI benefit...Pension(10D) they say is in process..its been a long time and long wait for everything...
Please let me know how much is the widow pension and also EDLI benefit...
his company Datacons was taken over by initially they responded but now they dont answer my mails when i ask them about EDLI....

From India, Noida
I should tell you that id the company was not depositing EDLI with PF Deptt. then they must have taken a Policy in this regard with LIC. In case if they have gone at that period of time with the policy of LIC then you are entitled to get Rs. 1 lac as compensation. Also you should verify that if they have gone for doble accident policy. In that case you are entitled to get 2 lacs. Re. pension:pl. note thet pension will be calculated as under:-
Pension will be calculated as per prescribed norms by Software and no chance for manupulation by any person.
In case if EDLI was deposited by the Company you would have got 20 times of the amount on which pension fund was deducted.
Hope it will be helpful to some extent. ... Raj.

From India, Bahadurgarh
Dear friends,
In 2006, maximum EDLI amount was Rs. 60,000. Usually in exempted cases, the employer might have insured with any agencies. If so, the compensation will be Rs. 62,000 for normal case and Rs. 1,24,000 for accidental death.
Widow pension for a salary of Rs. 6500 and more, at that time, will be Rs.1750. In addition, two children are entitled to get 25% of widow pension till attainment of age of 25 years.

From India, Bangalore
Hello...Thanx for The Response...
Really appreciate it...
The Problem i face is that The company my husband worked with was taken over by another company...
Now when i contacted them they told me to provide them with the proof that My husband was still in service
I sent them the PF slip till the time of his demise...
after getting it they have stopped responding...
Second prob is PF office is not sending any Pension or anything at all..
when i call the office they dont respond just hang up!!!
how do i go about it now?
Please Guide....

From India, Noida
As Raman rightly said if the calim is not done by you and employer, the benefit will go to Ins co,. Hence, submit Death certificate , family certificate with a request to the employer to settle EDLI lump sum amount at the earliest. if this is not settling with the employer, you may approach with Enforcement Commissioner, Provident fund office of your husband company jurisdiction.
with regard to Pension, it is not based on how much your hubby drawn basic salary, it is no of year service rendered and the service left. Dependents benefit will be decided by PF authorities. you need to apply Directly to Provident Fund Commissioner, where pf is settled , if the Hubby company does not exist and no authorised person to sign form 10D , alternatively, get it signed by authorised person mentioned in the form and submit. you will get pension from the day of death to till date of settlement a lump sum amount and lateron, you wil get monthly pension. Pursue with PFoffice with patience.

From India, Hyderabad
Exemptions is not means that they exempted to pay EDLI.
EDLI exemption means your husband's working company took other companies group insurance (LIC, Metlife, ICICI others).
there was a clause in the EPFO act if the PF covered company have option to get the insurance from the EPFO or else they can get insurance from the other companies like LIC, Metlife, ICICI others
so as per EPFO for EDLI there are some calculations according to those calculations you'll get money
in your case its very easy that your Husband's company HR has to apply to the private (EDLI) insurance company with providing necessary documents then you'll get the money.
finally you'll (Nominee) get (EDLI Max limit) 1,30,000 rupees. in your case
if u didn't apply for this money your husband's employer and you both are loosing. that insurance company will get benefit

From India, Hyderabad

Attached Files
File Type: pdf 8th Feb 2011 EDLI.pdf (583.5 KB, 114 views)

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHR.Comô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server