Partner - Risk Management
+1 Other

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
I' posting this on behalf of my friend. The company she works for has not provided her any payslips for the past two years she worked.She gets paid half cash and the remaining to her bank account.
She has requested the company many times, all in vain.
She needs advice on what legal action can be taken against this?

From United Kingdom
Dear You may compliant to labour officers to enforce the same. Regards, for Red Star Group
From India, New Delhi

You have accepted the practice of the company. You were also not provided with any offer of appointment with full description of terms and conditions, I think. It must be a proprietor type of company and must be dealing with number two business activities of selling the products and services without invoice or on fictitious under valued invoices. This is a normal practice in schools and hospitals and such like institutions where people know it and still opt for service as per the demand and supply of man power situation. But people here do not stick for long, they shift to other places when so ever there is a availability. I think you must have also felt the same thing.

As long as you get the salary as per your contract, orally of course, half in number one (Cheque) and other half in number two(cash), you may not bother as you would save the income tax your self also on the amount given to you in cash form. But the risk always stands in your way. One day or the other, the company would be in trouble due to number two business which would be raided and then you may also have to face the music. So it is better to shift some where else. It is my way of thinking.

Mahavir Mittal

From India, New Delhi
What action do you expect to be taken ?
On what basis will you make a complain ?
And what happens when the company denies having paid the cash part ?
Also I hope you have another job in hand because you will be out of a job on that very day.

From India, Mumbai
Hi Mahavir,
Thanks for the reply.
She got the appointment letter when she joined the company and been with the company for nearly two years. She also got an increment letter in between with the employer's signature.
Now the problem is , she has got a new job offer, but when it comes to submit the previous company's payslips , the employer is refusing to give saying , they will be given after relieving. But thats not right, all she is asking for all the previous years/month's payslips. She cant produce bank statements either. The employer is also not ready to relieve her early enough. So here's the catch.

From United Kingdom
Hi Saswatbanerjee,
There's a proof of employment letter, increment letter and one pay slip in the two years of employment. She has also got a job offer , but the other company needs a proof of her pay, and thats where the trouble is. She has been also asked to serve notice period of two months but the new company wants her to join immediately.
So whats the point of serving the notice period for this fellow when he is not paying her properly and also no pay slips.He also threatens saying he wont give her the relieving letter. But even after serving the proper notice period, whats the guarantee that he will provide all of this?

From United Kingdom
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™