Dinesh Divekar
Business Mentor, Consultant And Trainer
Human Resource Professional
+2 Others

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Hi I need to make a policy draft for separation from organization due of death..please suggest what all points should be covered. Anjali
From India, Delhi
See, on the natural and un natural death of employee on pay roll, you can put provisions of;
eligible PF and EDLI benefits, gratuity benefits, if ESIC covered then ESIC benefits else, Medical Insurance benefits, Superannuation, P L enchantment if any balance, and any other welfare benefits if organization wants to give like one day salary of employees on volunteer base.
To make this policy for dead employee, its only make when company is willing to give excluding legal benefits, else not required.

From India, Ahmadabad
Sub:Seperation from organisation due to Death
In addition to whatever specified by earlier member, you can include Pension benefit, as per Act 1995,Gratuity benefit as per act 1972 or if your company has made Group Gratuity Trust with LIC then that benefit will be calculated as if the employee has completed 58/60 yrs,, , Ex-gratia if any by company or welfare fund if any maintained by organisation, etc. Based on management policy you can include fund for the purpose.
S D Patil

From India, Kolhapur
Dear Anjali,
This is in addition to what other senior members have said.
First and foremost "death" of employee is not a separation.
You need to investigate the death of employee. Is it attributable to the employer? If yes, then the compensation will be higher.
For this better to conduct the enquiry. As a part of enquiry, let the a some employee be detailed to do his/her final clearance. Let deceased employee's family surrender company's assets. Based on this enquiry office can give report what is outstanding against him/her. whether to do 'write off" action or initiate recovery for the non-return of company's assets is call of the management.
Depending on the designation, you need to find out whether the deceased employee is eligible for compensation under "Workers Compensation Act". For this it is better to approach some labour lawyer. You may visit the labour office to get first hand information.
Dinesh V Divekar

From India, Bangalore
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™