My query is if a worker is present on a particular day but by mistake we mark the attendance as absent on muster roll and his salary is prepared and given for that month by same mistake, then acc. to law how would we rectify this particular mistake in our records and how we compensate the worker for the same. Plz. guide me.

From India, Delhi
hi you can refund the amount in cash and take his sign on voucher or tell him that it will be adjusted in next months salary.
From India, New Delhi
Dear member
It is best to adjust the wrong deduction in the next months salary as this will not make an effect on statutory contributions but it will also help getting your records straight.
If the employee wants the money immediately then make the payment by cash as advance against salary and adjust it in the next months salary.
Preetam Deshpande.

From India, Mumbai
Hi, You can pay the deducted amount in the next month’s salary... It’ll suffice.
From India, Mumbai
Dear Mr.Naresh
Do not make any practice to pay in the same month by voucher.
Make rule that Addition/delection can be made in next months sal./wages.
Corporate Manager-HR/IR.


From India, Pune
Dear Mr. Naresh,
You can refund the amount by cash and take his signature on voucher. If it is not possible tell to him that it will be adjusted in next months salary.
A.V.K. Srinivas Rao
Manager - HR & Personnel

From India, Ahmedabad
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™