Falsifying Company Salary Sheet Records - CiteHR
Partner - Risk Management
Radhakrishna K P
Manager - Human Resources
+1 Other

Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
Hello i am writing this to you all to suggest me what to do in this situation. I am working as a Hr executive in a printing company and and want to share the embezzling done by my manager. when we distribute salary among workers and manager used to take the salary of workers who had left the job by signing on the salary sheets of the left workers .i want you to suggest me what can i do in this situation even my manager is not behaving well with me these days .i am very much harrased by him .
Community Prime Sponsor
Talentedge.com "Interactive Anywhere Learning". Executive courses from top reputed institutes like IIM, XLRI, MICA.
Dear Mr. Rahhul070,
Let's put the word "Embezzling" - as Unethical behaviour threatening the integrity in the company and dissension amongst employees. What can be done? [Want to publisize this upfront/ Teach him a good lesson?]
Definitely, when its your manager; quiet difficult -- Do not cite fear of retribution from Manager or even Colleagues for reporting such mistrutful acts that you have witnessed. One thing should be kept in mind, now-a-days no one believes when said forthright, you need to gather evidence to prove or call out immoral act.
Reporting management is the bestest way and if one thinks reporting of any such situation may jeopardize their own personal safety or career, they must know that they will not be put in harm's way for disclosing unethical behavior they have witnessed. Inform immediately before its too late...this might scald the business and people including you may transpire jobless.
Dear Rahhul070,
I suggest you to put forward the details across management only with strong evidence. Does the manager pay salary in cash?? You can ask such leaving employees to file a complain in writing that they have not received last months salary so that it shall serve your purpose. With this you can also suggest your management to pay the salary in cheque or get it directly credited in account.
Forgery of signature and not paying the salary a crime. Do not waste much time & act wisely.
How professional is the company you are working for ?
Do they have a whistle blower policy ?
If not, how sure are you that you can get a fair hearing from the owners or director ?
If you can't, the it's better not to try and report it.
You may lose your job.
If you are leaving anyway due to harassment, then you have nothing to lose by complaining.
Else, if you still want to teach him a lesson or want justice rendered, you can have some one complain to the labour officer (preferably one who left and didn't get salary). Again, knowing how corrupt the government officials are, all you may end up doing is giving additional bribe source to him.
If there is an union or labour oriented ngo in the area, you can have someone approach. Them for help
Dear Rahul,
Better to get compalints from the left employees in writing and put those complaints with the salary registers, to the management. The complaints should be recieved by you only. I f your manager recieves the complaints from the employees there may be the chances that your manager may destroy those complaints. Act very very wisely... All the best.
If your HR manager is doing the mischief, you can go straight to the accoutns manager or any other senior manager, but take care to get the following documents with you.
1. The resignation copies of the employees/workers if any you have.
2. The attendanace sheet /report you maintain in the office.
3. The salary sheet prepared and maintained.
4. Any other doumentary proof you can get.
Before presenting this to your senior ensure that you are 100% correct. Be sure and confident that what you are presenting is authentic report.
Dont hesitate to report any mis-appropriation in the company. Your senior will surely appreciate you and will definitely take action against the wrong doer. Just because he is not banaving you properly do not leave the company. Such type of people are there in every organisation. See that your manager leaves the company and not you.
God will really help the one with good deeds and good intentions.
All the best
I do not think that you should starightaway go and report to Accounting manager or Senior management. There is a big risk - Senior management may also be involved in this unethical practice. I like the suggestion given by Mr Radhakrishna KP that you intimate those ex-employees that theor salry is being distributed in this way and ask them to write to management. Then wait for management's reaction. In case you do not fear losing your job, you could first inform senior management and if they do not take any action report the matter to Registrar of companies and also Income tax department.Howevr, you must have documentary evidence of the fraud being committed. Pls take photocopies of relevant docs and preferably get them notorized if you can take them out of office.
I do not think the Income Tax or Registrar of Companies will bother with small amounts like this. You will have to approach / inform the labour department
i am not satisfied with your comment regarding my query.could you please provide the way to complain against him in the labor court .i really need your help to solve this problem.only yours help.
You are not "Satisfied" ?
And whose comment are you not satisfied with ?
I hope you realise that we are not paid consultants sitting here to "Satisfy" your requirements. The comments that have been given are from members knowledge and experience. if you want some further help, you can ask for it and mostly you will get the help you want, but you better change your attitude.
I also hope you have read the various suggestions that people have given in response to your original querry and have understood the impact of your actions

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™