This topic has been discussed persistently in this forum by our CIteHRians over years. If you wish to exploit, please use the RESEARCH facility at the top to gear up with the discussions had here with the reference to your topic. More to the point HR role in an organization is for your ready search.
1st January 2013 From India, Visakhapatnam
I do not know what is your professional background - other than you wanting to do an MBA in HR. Let me tell you my views: HR in principle is the most important function in an organization if its' essence is imbibed & practiced. Most HR personnel & MBA grads do their function mechanically such as filling in formats, completing the activities of a training calender, and doing all those activities purely like Govt office clerks - in old days the deptt was called Personnel.
If you want to be an excellent HR person, first & foremost is that you must have extreme compassion for people & organization. It's more to do with emotions than to do with intelligence. (I do not say that HR is un-intelligent) Most times HR guys are absolutely inert & unconcerned about people whose fate they handle. They work just as a lathe m/c operators... If you are an Engineer wanting to do MBA in HR, all the better. You should work prior to doing an HR in a manufactory as an ordinary graduate to appreciate ground realities before you set out to learn its' solutions.
Watch out Mahindra & Mahindra: At their new Chakan plant all guys in HR & Training deptt are Engineers + Experience + MBA in HR. Read about best practices in HR at Toyota. (Toyota Culture by Jeffery Liker & Michael Hoseus, Tata-McGrow Hill publication) You will understand how evolved the true function of HR is. Westerners find it absolutely difficult to practice it.
I will conclude by saying that HR is an art that is practiced as a science! The wisdom lies in implementing the best of the two approaches. HR in true sense does not seek power! It evolves sense of duty in others as well as for themselves. All the best.
3rd January 2013 From India, Nasik
#AnonymousDear Mam , can you pls help me as i want to put words on legal stamp paper for employee continoution for at least 3 years what word should i used on stam paper
3rd January 2013 From India, Kolkata
2. Induction and Orientation
3. Joining Formalities, Relieving Formalities and Settlements.
4. Exit Interviews. Issuing of IOMs, Office Orders, and Notices for maintaining Punctuality.
5. Performance Appraisals.
6. Monitoring and dealing with the union bearers.
7. Liaison with the Govt.Officials.
8. Liaison with Local People.
9. Maintenance of Employee Safety in Organization through safety measures and issuing PPE to the employees.
10. Maintenance of ISO requirements.
11. Maintenance of Statutory and regulatory requirements and license including submission of returns in prescribed form/ register. Study of existing statutory and regulatory compliance, if any other requirements to compiled, the same may be brought to the notice of undersigned for taking further action.
12. Monthly Salaries Preparation
5th January 2013 From India, Mumbai