Boss2966
Industrial Relations
Raghuvaran Chakkaravarthy
Environmental, Health And Safety
Asudhir17
Agm Ehs And Project Management
Bhardwaj Ramesh
Sr.manager-hr&admn
PTRC
Working With Ngo
H.H.Chauhan
Behavioral Training & Yoga
HashimP
Mechanical Manager

Dear Friends,
During the winter, when doors and windows tend to be closed, the potential for CO buildup increases.Fuel based heaters are used frequently with little to no VENTILATION.It causes health hazards. Please be careful about the same.
PFA herewith a presentation....Please share your views.
16th November 2012 From India, New Delhi

Attached Files
Membership is required for download. Create An Account First
File Type: ppt carbon_monoxide_poisoning.ppt (1.15 MB, 738 views)

Dear Ramesh,
Thanks for the post.
I can share me experience.
I had been abroad where the temperature used to be -5Deg
We used to heat the room by kerosene stove.
We were given instructions to put the stove off when the room was warm.
If some times we continued the stove heating the comfort level used to drop.
Later when I started working on Safety I could realize the fact.
Thanks again for the post Mr. Ramesh.
Regards,
Sudhir
16th November 2012 From India, Nasik
Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless and toxic gas. Because it is impossible to see, taste or smell the toxic fumes, CO can kill you before you are aware it is in your home. At lower levels of exposure, CO causes mild effects that are often mistaken for the flu. These symptoms include headaches, dizziness, disorientation, nausea and fatigue. The effects of CO exposure can vary greatly from person to person depending on age, overall health and the concentration and length of exposure.

ALERT: Put generators outside.

Never use a generator inside homes, garages, crawlspaces, sheds, or similar areas. Deadly levels of carbon monoxide can quickly build up in these areas and can linger for hours, even after the generator has shut off

Note: Please go through the link https://www.citehr.com/437829-presen...nsformers.html

and download the generator safety presentation which was upload by me in that PPT slide #3 conveyed the same message which I shared above.

Dear Bhardwaj,

Thanks for opened such a useful thread on our forum.

@Sudhir,Krish,Sai , Sutra.

Thanks for your inputs.
17th November 2012 From United States, Fpo
Thank you Mr. Ramesh for creating awareness with our members.
Now the winter is on set. Everyone in their home started using the room heater. Please be careful while using such heater. Even the electrical heater can consume the oxygen in the air and only the CO only will be left which can cause suffocation and continued with death.
While using charcoal ignited heater in your room, please make sure 2 things are planned properly. First plan the proper exhaust for the fume/flame. Second keep some water in adequate quantity over the heater, so that the water vapour will give the Oxygen to the room, which will maintain the oxygen level in the room.
17th November 2012 From India, Kumbakonam
I read a short story based on CO poisoning which I published in my news bulletin (Gujarti) Will share some time
18th November 2012 From India, Coimbatore
Thanks Mr. Sudhir for sharing info.
Prevention is the Key to Avoiding Carbon Monoxide Poisoning.
>DONíT idle the car in a garage
>DONíT use a gas oven to heat your home, even for a short time
>DONíT ever use a charcoal grill indoors -- even in a fireplace.
>DON'T sleep in any room with an unvented gas or kerosene space heater.
>DONíT ignore symptoms
You canít see or smell carbon monoxide, but at high levels it can kill a person in minutes.
18th November 2012 From Oman, Muscat
Very Useful and informative presentation. In fact, All should get up early and go to open and take deep breathing . The only solution is GO TO NATURE. — H.H.Chauhan
21st November 2012 From India, New Delhi
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)





About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service



All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Coô