Environmental, Health And Safety
Agm Ehs And Project Management
Working With Ngo
Behavioral Training & Yoga
Thanks for the post.
I can share me experience.
I had been abroad where the temperature used to be -5Deg
We used to heat the room by kerosene stove.
We were given instructions to put the stove off when the room was warm.
If some times we continued the stove heating the comfort level used to drop.
Later when I started working on Safety I could realize the fact.
Thanks again for the post Mr. Ramesh.
16th November 2012 From India, Nasik
ALERT: Put generators outside.
Never use a generator inside homes, garages, crawlspaces, sheds, or similar areas. Deadly levels of carbon monoxide can quickly build up in these areas and can linger for hours, even after the generator has shut off
Note: Please go through the link https://www.citehr.com/437829-presen...nsformers.html
and download the generator safety presentation which was upload by me in that PPT slide #3 conveyed the same message which I shared above.
Thanks for opened such a useful thread on our forum.
@Sudhir,Krish,Sai , Sutra.
Thanks for your inputs.
17th November 2012 From United States, Fpo
Now the winter is on set. Everyone in their home started using the room heater. Please be careful while using such heater. Even the electrical heater can consume the oxygen in the air and only the CO only will be left which can cause suffocation and continued with death.
While using charcoal ignited heater in your room, please make sure 2 things are planned properly. First plan the proper exhaust for the fume/flame. Second keep some water in adequate quantity over the heater, so that the water vapour will give the Oxygen to the room, which will maintain the oxygen level in the room.
17th November 2012 From India, Kumbakonam
Prevention is the Key to Avoiding Carbon Monoxide Poisoning.
>DONíT idle the car in a garage
>DONíT use a gas oven to heat your home, even for a short time
>DONíT ever use a charcoal grill indoors -- even in a fireplace.
>DON'T sleep in any room with an unvented gas or kerosene space heater.
>DONíT ignore symptoms
You canít see or smell carbon monoxide, but at high levels it can kill a person in minutes.
18th November 2012 From Oman, Muscat