Hi All,
I have to prepare a policy on Contract Employment for our organization.
Can you please suggest what all things should be included in the policy.
OR can you share some sample policies?

From India, Pune
Dear, To my knowledge, every thing will be same as permenant employee. you need to check if the contractor is paying wages,pf,esi benefits or not. thanks narendar paleti
From India, Hyderabad
Dear Kanchan,

Please refer to the following points for querry

Applicable Enactments

The Contract Labour (Regulation & Abolition) Act 1970 –

The Employees Provident Funds & Misc. Provision Act, 1952

The Employees State Insurance Act, 1948

Factories Act/Shop & Establishment Act

The minimum Wages Act, 1948

The Payment of Wages & Bonus Act, 1965.

The Payment of Bonus Act (Amendment), 2007

The Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972

The Payment of Wages Act, 1936

The workmen's Compensation Act, 1923

The Maternity benefit Act,1961

The Industrial Disputes Act, 1947

The Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) Act, 1946

Registers,Challans and Returns

Workmen register

Employment Card

Muster Roll

Register of Fines

Register of Deductions for damage or loss

Overtime register

Register of Advance

Register of Leave

Wage Register

Muster Roll-Register under Maternity Benefit Act

Monthly Challans-PF, ESIC & Professional Tax

Half Yearly Return-ESIC

Annual Information under ESIC – Form 1A

Annual Return-PF

Half Yearly Return-LWF

Annual Return-MBA

Half Yearly Return-CLRA, 1970

Annual Return-Minimum Wages

Return under payment of Bonus

We are an organization offering Contract Labour services on pan india basis and we shall be obliged in case you consider us for an association with your organization.

Please feel free to write to us at the email id should you like to have further information on this topic.

From India, Chandigarh
Dear Kanchan ji,

What do you mean by the term "Contract Employment"? Do you want to hire the services of people for a particular term / period or do you want to hire the services of people through third person / agency called as Contractor?

If you want to hire the services of people through third person / agency in your premises then Contract Labour (R&A) Act 1970 will play its role.

Fix term employment you can have if Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) Act 1946 is applicable to you and your Standing Orders permit you to have this kind of employment. In case IE(SO) Act 1946 is not applicable to you, you can have your own set of rules with in the framework of law.

Normally, the Fix term employment is offered where the employment is available for Fix term only. e.g. project is of two years, you can have Fix term employment till the end of the project. In short, you can engage a person on employment for particular project till it last. Employment in Clerical or in similar permanent nature, you can not have Fix term employment.

I hope you have understood the above concepts.

Thanks and regards.

Keshav Korgaonkar

Shantadurgaent.com,Insurance Advisors,Corporate Advisors,Legal Advise,Wage and salary,Shantadurgaent.com,Labour Compliance Audit,SSI registration,NOC from

From India, Mumbai

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHR.Com™

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server