Suppose an employee joins in 01/01/2012 & died in 07/01/2012 in fatal accident in company while working. His PF was deducted from his wages & deposited in PF Office. It is shown in Annual PF Return also. His service was only for 7 days. Is his nominee will eligible to get Pension benefit?
From India, Mumbai
John Sebastian Peter
General Consultant- Hr
Hr Executive


Dear Rajan,
Any person who has worked for even 1 day and died also the family is eligible for PF pension.
The employee is becoming a member of EPF on the day of joining.
The nominee or dependents of the employee can submit Form -20 to receive the PF Contribution amount
Form -10 D for Pension
Form 5 for EDLI Benefit.
You can also apply for funeral expenses and dependent benefits from ESI. For ESI dependent benfits will be given only when the employee has worked for minimum period as mentioned in ESIC.
Pls check with your PF & ESIC authority for the process since it has been more than 9 months.

From India, Mumbai
John Sebastian Peter

Dear Sir,
The below details is required & to be submitted by the nominee to the claiming PF amount:
1.Form CCF ( For Claiming EPF Contributions & For claiming benefits under Pension Scheme ,1995) fill up two set for all nominee (FORM -20 PF PAYMENT / FORM -10D PENSION/ FORM 5 EDLI
2.Death Certificate issued by Registrar (Required original).
3.Photographs of Claimant(s) . (Passport size photo 6 nos for all nominee)
4.Proof of date of birth of claimant for pension benefits. if married then wife & Children
5.Deceased person ID Proof/ voter id, Aaddhar card
6. Bank Pass Book copy (nationalize bank (SBI)) if married then wife & Children
7.Last two month wages sheet & attendance

From India, New Delhi

Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf Form_CCF_death new 22-8-17.pdf (877.4 KB, 100 views)


Dear John Sebastian Peter
i need to know that in place of birth certificate of childrens of deceased person a BONA FIDE CERTIFICATE issued from the school can be valid in such case or not??
Kindly clarify from your end.

From India, Mumbai

If You Are Knowledgeable About Any Fact, Resource or Experience Related to This Topic and Want to Be Part of Such Discussions in Future - Please Register and Log In to Cite Community.

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2023 CiteHRŽ

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server