Questions About School
* Why did you choose your major?
* Which classes did you like the most/least?
* Why did you select your college? How have you liked it?
* Has your college experience prepared you for a career?
* Describe your most rewarding college experience.
* Describe your most significant college accomplishment.
* If you could do it over, how would you plan your education differently?
* What teaching styles do you react best to?
* Who was your favorite teacher? Why?
* Do you plan to go to graduate school?
* Are your grades a good indicator of your potential?
* What have you learned from your extracurricular activities?
* Tell me about one of the papers you wrote while in school.
* Describe a successful team experience.
* Describe an unsuccessful team experience. How did you handle it?
* What role did you play on the team? Questions About candidate
* Tell me about yourself. Or, how would you describe yourself?
* What are three adjectives that describe you?
* What are your strengths and weaknesses?
* Why should we hire you? Why would you be right for the job?
* Why are you qualified for this position?
* How did you choose this career direction?
* What would your last boss/coworkers/references say about you?
* How would one of your friends describe you?
* What motivates you to work hard?
* What does success mean to you?
* What are you most proud of?
* What kind of environment do you work best in?
* How do you handle pressure?
* What's important to you in a job?
* Do you have a geographical preference? Would you relocate or travel?
* Would you be willing to work overtime?
* Describe a major obstacle you've encountered? How did you overcome it?
* What have you learned from mistakes you've made?
* What are your biggest accomplishments in the last two years?
* What to you see yourself doing in five years from now? Ten? Fifteen?
* What do you really want out of life?
* What would you do if you won the lottery?
* Who's your hero?
* What else should I know about you? Questions About Experience
* Tell me about your jobs/internships.
* What kind of computer experience do you have?
* Tell me about a time when you were given bad information. How did you handle it?
* Did you ever have a problem with a supervisor/co-worker? How did you handle it?
* What was the toughest job challenge you faced and how did you deal with it?
* What was your biggest accomplishment in the workplace? Questions To See If candidate Knows What he's Getting Into
* What do you know about this organization?
* What do you think it takes to be successful in this organization?
* Why do you want to work for us?
* Why do you want to work in this industry?
* What do you look for in a job?
* How can you make a contribution to our organization?
* Where do you think this industry is headed? Questions to candidate may ask at the end of the interview
* history, size, and growth
* current events that affect the company
* profitability, products, and services
* financial history and current status
* organizational structure and its key management
* company philosophy and culture
* recent changes in company structure
* changes in product or service lines
* geographic area job trends
* and the type of position you are applying for Candidates can ask questions About The Job
* Where does this position fit into the structure of the department and the organization as a whole?
* What are the future plans for this department?
* How much contact is there between departments or areas (if a large organization)?
* To whom would I report?
* What percentage of my time would be spent in the various functions you described that this job involves?
* Is it organizational policy to promote from within?
* What is a typical career path for people in this position?
* Why is this position available?
* What personal qualities make someone successful in this job?
* What functions would I be performing on a typical day?
* How is performance evaluated? Questions candidates ask after an offer has been extended Questions About the Benefits
* What kind of insurance policies do you offer?
* How much vacation time would I receive in the first year, second year, etc...?
* Do you pay for overtime?
* Do you pay for continuing education?
* Do you provide programs for working mothers?
* What is the salary? Bonuses, etc...
* Do you pay for review courses and test materials for professional examinations? Questions About the Workplace
* Can I take a tour of the workplace?
* May I contact current or previous employees?
* What kind of computer programs do you use?
* What is a typical work day?
* How soon will I be working in ______ ? (Where _____ is a specific area of your interest.)
* Can I meet different levels of staff in the area I'll be working in?
* How much time does it typically take to get promoted?
* Do you provide transfers to other geographical areas (in a big company)?
* How much travel will I be expected to do?
* How much overtime is typical for this job?
23rd June 2004 From India, Gurgaon
I am a student, I am doing my HRM project on Interviews, Can anybody help me the following topics-
Purpose & Introduction, Types, Do's and Dont's, process of interviewing,, Interviews for varios levels of managemtn, and different types of test used.
7th April 2005 From India, Mumbai
the sitre which you sugested what very useful. N this project on interview which v r doing is a group project so I will try to send u the summary or the project as whole if any one needs it.
8th April 2005 From India, Mumbai If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.