Assistant Manager Human Resources
Korgaonkar K A
Legal, Training

Dear Seniors,

Greeting of the day!

One of my clients engaged a contracting company to execute project work on contract. This contracting company is a foreign company and going to execute the work with the help of foreign labours. The labours will be paid in foreign currency, as what I understand from the client.

Under the circumstances, what are the laws applicable to the contracting company and what are the liabilities of my client i.e. Principal Employer.

Certainly the Indian Labour Laws like Contract Labour Act, Minimum Wage Act, EPF Act etc. are applicable to the contract labours. Apart from the Indian Labour Laws any other Law including their migration etc. is applicable and is there any permission, registration or licence in this regards necessary? Also, what about PTax?

ITax is governed by the Income Tax Act. But is there any exemption in PTax which is a tax on Professions, Trades, Callings and Employments?

Can any body thro light on this issue?

Thanks in anticipation.


Keshav Korgaonkar

http://www.shantadurgaent.com,Welcome To Shantadurga Enterprises

Cell: +91 9967516383
19th May 2011 From India, Mumbai
Dear Keshav,
International worker will hold employment visa along with employment contract.
Minimum salary would not be less than 25000 us dollar.
They need to register for residential permit.
No exemption in PT and IT if they are paid in foreign currency.
They will be governed by Indian labour law.
19th May 2011 From India, Bhubaneswar
Dear Keshav, EPF on International Worker files are enclosed for your ref. Please go thro' them and revert back for any queries. S.Sethupathy, Erode
19th May 2011 From India, Selam

Attached Files
Membership is required for download. Create An Account First
File Type: pdf IW Scheme.pdf (636.5 KB, 618 views)
File Type: pdf PF For foreign employees.pdf (133.6 KB, 680 views)
File Type: pdf International Worker -Post amendment.pdf (146.0 KB, 967 views)

Dear Sir,
I am working in Japanese organization and want to know the procedure of PF withdrawal of Japanese person in Haryana.
Expats are coming in India for 3-5 yrs duration after completion of duration they back to their home country and close Bank account also before going back. Kindly suggest me how to process the forms for PF withdrawal as they don't have Bank account in India. UAN is activated. Ecen Japan & India has SSA agreement.
21st February 2019 From India, undefined
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™