Hi Friend
i want to know few information regarding the accident in office premises.
1) What if an employee is not under ESIC and met with an accident in the course of employment?
2) Is company liable to pay his hospitalization expenses?
3) What if an employee going for a visit and met with an accident and he is at fault.
4) Now, Doctor recommend to employee to take minimum 2 months rest. what about his salary - should be paid or not? by company
waiting for your reply

From India, Mumbai
Dear Balesh,
First determine the cause for this accident.
- Out of an Unsafe act?
- Out of an Unsafe Work Place?
Where there is No ESI, then the Employees Compensation Act will apply.
I hope what you have mentioned is a small accident, I recommend you to treat this case as special one and allow Hospital Expenses are to be reimbursed from the company.
Regrading Leave, you can ask him to apply through ML or EL or PL.
Till the management wants to punish him, ask the safety committee to conduct an inquiry on this accident and based on their report issue him a strict warning letter.
That is enough. Please have a Human Touch in every act of you to win over the hearts on your employees.
Excellent Hr Services,

From India, Selam
In this case Employees Compensation Act will apply. If the accident occurred during the course of employment, its very difficult for the employer to prove that employee was at fault.
Kamal Prasoon Sinha

From India, Pune

If you are knowledgeable about any other fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server