Reference to your post, I would like update you on, 2 points mention below.
a) Not every boss in this world will hate OVER EAGERNESS if he has got the ability to understand his employees. You will find two types of employees in this regard. 1)who is eager to perform beyond his limits hence forth he is showing OVER EAGERNESS. 2) Who loves buttering up his boss just to attract and win their attention.
b) Very few BOSSES wants their employees to be more enthusiastic, exert high energy levels and perform beyond their limits.
c) There are many organisations who welcome NEW IDEAS and based on their feasibility they are embraced practically. To an extent OVER EAGERNESS is PRODUCTIVE HABIT. Every habit(action initiated) has POSITIVE & NEGATIVE EFFECT. BOSS has to study before reacting or responding to the situation.
TALK ABOUT PERSONAL PROBLEMS
a) Its a very good habit of a good boss to formally ask employee "how is your family doing", not just for courtesy reasons but to bridge the gap between employee and employer. Again such approach has its own limitations as well.
b)If an employee is habitual about discussing his personal problems with his boss or co-workers then it's considered to be a weakness. But again, BOSS has to locate the best way(counseling, motivation) to change such habits of their employees.
c) To my knowledge a TRUE & HONEST BOSS will help his employees to over his personal problems by supporting them proportionately. it will be within individual's(BOSS) capacity/limits.
d) There are many employees who always expect various kinds of help from their boss(one who has high emotional feelings)
Not to mention, most of the EXPERIENCED EMPLOYEES are very smart(even wise) as they know how to deal with various situations.
With profound regards
30th March 2011 From India, Chennai
Thanks for your reply.
i think my explanation on OVER EAGERNESS was that what you explain in your 2nd point --2) Who loves buttering up his boss just to attract and win their attention.
and about the -TALK ABOUT PERSONAL PROBLEMS
my explanation was such approach has its own limitations as well, what you mentioned in your updates.
That 10 points i have mention their which irritate bosses .
why bosses will hate enthusiastic employees and to make a bridge between employee and employer
31st March 2011 From India, Bhubaneswar
To understand why bosses will hate enthusiastic employees you need to understand BOSSES TRUE ATTITUDE on the whole(look at both sides of the coin- head & tail).
Please consider these points
1) Either a boss will help organisation to grow where he will take the support of his BEST TEAM or
2) EMPLOYEES will do their best for their organisation.....here EMPLOYEES NEEDS SUPPORT FROM THEIR BOSS ELSE THEY WILL FAIL....
a)There are certain bosses who feels that enthusiastic and over eagerness employees are trying to do something fruitful(in the favour of company) which either they hate to do as they ignore the problems or not capable of doing it
b)but a BOSS will never feel that his employee is trying to simplify the whole process, trying to sort out issues and trying to do something in the interest/favour of the employee and employer(boss)......this is because INFERIORITY(EGOISTIC NATURE) COMPLEX is develop in BOSSES which makes them feel UNSECURED. ......
c) Its a very difficult to find a boss who can appreciate employees sincerity, honesty, loyalty and their love towards their company/organisations growth.
d) 90% of the employees tend to compromise with their skills/talent, as they need job to meet their commitments and they will just carry on with the responsibility.....on the other hand only 10% of the employees does their best for their company by attempting to change many things at different levels......it may include bringing drastic changes in boss attitude(lot more can be considered and included) ..for such kind of employees it will cost their job.
As you gain experience, i sincerely hope you will learn more about BOSS ATTITUDE..in the nearest future.........
With profound regards
31st March 2011 From India, Chennai