Cite ContributionDear Danny,
There are few areas, that you may consider depending on your organization requirement, as shared below :
- Term and conditions defined for providing the laptop.
- Any deposit value to be mentioned, which needs to be repaid if lost or damaged. Ideally its the cost of the laptop at the time of handing it to the employee.
- Data security policy followed by the company
- Personal use of the machine
- Providing internet and VPN facility
- Identifying the standards of maintenance for the machine
- Process and policies for monitoring the usage, to be agreed by the employee at the time of providing the laptop
And many more as you may deem fit .
Please do find few sample policies with discussions that may be your point of reference when you design the policy for your company.
- Complete policy guide <link updated to site home> ( Search On Cite | Search On Google )
- Complete Laptop Policy Guide
From India, Mumbai