Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
I love this ppt, Sent this type of presentation it wil helpful to growth further. M.Jayakannan
This is an excellent presentation! Thanks so much for sharing with us.

A lot of good feedback has already been given. So here are my two cents:

First of all, I am not sure what you will use this presentation for. How long will the session be? 1/2 day? Perhaps next time you could provide more details (e.g.: objectives you want to achieve, the audience, the delivery method, etc.) as it would help in terms of feedback (e.g length, info to incorporate or skip, interactive or not, etc.).

I agree with Dinesh V Divekar's great feedback. I would, however, not add WATNA, which is not exactly the opposite of BATNA. There is some controversy around it so it may not bring as much to the presentation (again in my own opinion of course)

I agree with Geert re: gender differences. I am not sure this slide adds too much value compared to all the great info you already provide. Removing it would not negatively impact your presentation at all.

I suggest you add some of your sources as references for people who would like to do some more reading and also in order to cite your sources (e.g.: the book "Getting to Yes" from Fisher & Ury)

Hope this helps

QUESTION for K.Viswanathan : I would like to hear more from about the "Float a Balloon technic" when you come to an impass. It seems interesting. What is it? How does it work? Thank you in advance

Hi everyone,

I apoogize if I offended some by making a foolish mistake of not adding the references and acknowledging the material I used to make the ppt. I have added them on now.

@ Simhan, You havent touched a raw nerve, it was an honest mistake, and thus I apologize to all who thought of me as a ''plagiarizer'' :(

Adding to each reference/acknowledgement mentioned by Simhan, most of the information is from Fisher & Uri's book "Getting to Yes".

WRT Geerts' question -- I am sorry I havent any scientific data that co-relates to the slide beyond the fact that that it is my observation based simply on the cultural differences between the western nations vis-a-vis India - where the mindset of win-win seems natural to the male if there is a female negotiator. That slide was simply based on my personal observations, and I was personally in 2 minds about putting it in as part of the ppt -- but again...the ppt was just an outline, with too much info and all I was trying was to get some input from the members here as to how far I was correct/incorrect etc. I thank you for noticing that slide, but to be on the safer side (since I dont have back up to prove my hypothesis I have since deleted that slide).

Once again, a request to understand the 'float a balloon technique' please.

I do thank all of you for such an overwhelming response, I personally take it NOT as criticism but feedback, which will only improve my work.

Thank you all.

Richa Joshi

Dear Richa,
EXCELLENT WORK. Dont get bogged down by comments from xxx kind of people. (S)he only knows to CRIB, CRITICIZE and CHALLENGE without any WORK Showcased by him/her. (S)he is the one who has never posted any presentation in public and only CLAIMS to be a TRAINER. A Trainer who doesn't know that the effective TRAINER is the one who shares KNOWLEDGE.

Dear Mjhurani,
I have edited your message, to a nearly 3 year old post, I have removed the name of the person that you referred, to avoid him/her responding to your message. Please check the web using Google and you will find what you claim the person has not done.

Dear Simhan,
I have seen his profile and i don't think he has the authority to criticize the way he does. I have been viewing his post before as well. All he can do is CRITICIZE and never ever has he posted modified presentations. If you also feel i am offending you by posting this comment, so be it. I do believe that " Its not important to WIN, its more important to PARTICIPATE"
Moreover PRESENTATIONS are only a medium where you can judge 20 % a TRAINER, FACILITATOR. ITs the remaining 80 % about how he Interprets, exemplifies, acts on the presentation.
KEEP Writing

Thanks a lot Ms Richa for the excellent PPt.

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.






About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service



All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™