swati saxenaDear Friends,
I am working with a CA firm, earlier there was no formal performance appraisal policy as such so,
I have been given opportunity to develop a simple policy with 180 degree method.
As I am formulating Performance appraisal policy in concern of CA firm very first time,
Please see the attached draft of Performance Appraisal policy and give your valuable suggestions.
How I can make it better.
From India, Delhi
PROFESSIONALS AND BUSINESSES PARTICIPATING IN DISCUSSION
Operations And Hr
Mms - Hr
sumitsaxenagistHi Swati, It looks good, quite descriptive though. Just curious to know, what is the size of your organization? In case you can tell me... Thanks, it looks fine otherwise...
From India, Faridabad
Ash MathewDear Swati,
I read it. Its "REALLY A GREAT EFFORT" Well done!
hey but since you have to discuss this and help you management understand, why dont you put of a flowchart too to help them understand it much better.
With my experience I can tell you that - whenever I prepare something with whole efforts and present...they dont read it completely (time is the problem)... But whenever I present them the report/policies along with a flowchart - they go through the flowchart first and then they keep aside sometime, to read through the whole document. This has clicked to help them understand the importance of the document.
Correct me if am wrong, but I feel that - along witrh this document also present a flowchart to help them see thru the message quickly and understand the process and its results!
But - Great Work Swati!
From India, Madras
The policy is clear and elaborate..good work. Here are some points to follow for giving the policy a legality because any future disputes will be settling based on this :-
- Ensure that policy when finalised is approved and signed by HR head/CEO of the company.
- All the forms and formats mentioned are placed alongwith the policy as appendices with a clear cross reference in the policy.
From India, Kochi
swati saxenaTHANKS EVERYONE FOR UR SUGGESTIONS.............
my company stregnth is around 120 employees. but most of them are trainee so employees who comes under performance review are around 50 employees.
for them i preparinf the policy.
From India, Delhi
SemfengThis is quite good. it is decriptive though. it is better to state that the appraisals be conducted semi-annaully, because a years work is somehow cumbersome. Good work, keep it up!! Semfeng Agnes
yet you must incorporate following lineitems:
1. separate appraisal sheet for every role and department
2. rating scale- elaborated explaining defination of each rating scale
3. If in case employee leaves the organisation the impact if Incentives are linked(variable payout)
4. If a person joins in the middle of appraisal period how he will be part of conventional appraisal process.
Most of the written stuff (Pre requisite)looks bookish, you dont need to mention SMART etc. get rid of it. It generaly does not solve the purpose.
i feel the policy is too generic, make it very specific, dont go on the typical policies available in the market.
i hope this helps.
From India, Pune
Anuja kulkarniDear Swati,
Your Appraisal PDF is quite descriptive and easy to understand.
Do follow below points which i faced and handled during appraisals:
1) Sometimes few employees are not clear themselves with there KRAs.Take care and be perpared to handle their queries for appraisals.
2) Let employee be aware of what appraisal process is and their contirbution.
3) You can drop an explainatory email of appraisal process to be followed by an employee before starting your appraisals as that reduces our pains to explain and guide every time.
From India, Mumbai
fendiwouHi swati saxena,,,
i can open and read you file,,, what can i say its good, i'm now taking HR course in Wawasan Open University ,JB Center Malaysia,,,
hope we can share any information after this , are you student or working people ....:)
From Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
swati saxenaReally very thankful to all cite members for your valuable suggestions .
its really makes one feel great & fills with motivation for better work.....
really got good response.
thanks a lot :icon1::icon1::icon1::icon1::icon1::icon1::icon1:: icon1::icon1::icon1::icon1::icon1::icon1: :icon6:
From India, Delhi