SHARED SERVICE SETTING MOTIVATION
You must look at the total people systems under three headings.
This is an area requiring constant monitoring and as much
imagination as you can apply in devising many types of
-pay market rates.
-linking rewards to performance.
-instant cash bonuses
-rewarding individual performance
-rewarding team performance
-making excellence awards
-asking team to nominate the best performer on monthly basis.
-giving people more autonomy.
-enriching good performers' jobs.
-sending performers to external courses
-offering people support to maintain good health
-support to join health clubs
-taking people / their families on picnics.
-organizing festival parties
-offering training support
-providing child care support
-promoting from within as a policy
-shares for loyal staff
-set a system for management to communicate regularly
-provide suggestion box
-quality circles meetings
-problem solving meetings
-cascade briefing groups downwards on a regular basis.
-informal get togethers
-regular staff / management meetings
-weekly happy hour meetings
ALSO YOU CAN HAVE PROGRAMS LIKE
-after marriage, those who wants to comeback
should be given priority.
-bring old employees, as casuals / part timers
to fill rosters
24th May 2005 From India, Mumbai
PLEASE FIND SOME MACRO IDEAS.
SHARED STAFF SETTING MOTIVATION
E-LEARNING is the most important recent development in approaches
To the delivery and support of learning.
The impact of e-learning is strongly influenced by how well support is
Provided to learners. It is the effectiveness of this support rather than
The sophistication of the technology that provides real added value.
Motivation is the key to performance improvement.
One person cannot motivate another person. But one person can
Create a mental frame or physical facilities for another person
To self stimulate to perform better.
What do the shared staff seek ?
-opportunity to develop special abilities
-responsibilities clearly defined
-friendly/ cooperative coworkers
-opportunity to see the final outcome of their work
These will vary with the time and demand of the position.
What are the line managers/ HRM motivation toolkit?
-approval of the achievement
-pat on the back
-happy hours together
-management to staff
-suggestion box / rewards
5.VISION / MISSION
-linking daily performance/ achievement
with VISION / MISSION.
-key performance areas [ actual / standards]
-individual performance achievements
-customer satisfaction levels
-gross profit performance
-net profit performance
-picnics with families
-responsibility for outcome [ individual / group ]
-decision making in restructure
-decision making in workload allocation
-decision making in operational matters.
-market related pay
-pay for performance
-bonus for productivity improvements
-rewards for teams
-rewards for excellence [ individuals / teams ]
-problem solving group
OTHERS FACTORS THAT NEED TO BE LOOKED AT
TO IMPROVE MOTIVATION LEVELS OF THE STAFF.
Fitting the task to the person is ergonomics. Good ergonomics
*shortens learning times,
* makes the job quicker with less fatigue
* improves care of machines,
* reduces absenteeism,
* labor turnover and other signs of worker malcontent, and
*meets the requirements of health and safety legislation.
Within management services various principles exist; for example,
*work place design,
* motion economy,
*job satisfaction and
TO INCREASE MOTIVATION LEVEL , ONE MUST REMOVE
ORGANIZATIONAL BARRIERS THAT STAND IN THE WAY
OF INDIVIDUAL AND GROUP PERFORMANCE
[ SMOOTHENING BUSINESS PROCESSES/ SYSTEMS/METHODS/
If you need further micro factors on the barriers etc
PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
26th May 2005 From India, Mumbai
HERE are some methods for judging.........
*use the quarterly performance review .
*use the annual performance review .
*use the line managers' assessment for individual achievements.
*use the team evaluation for star performance.
Following are the four award areas, along with suggested criteria:
INNOVATION AND CREATIVITY
· Articulates vision.
· Develops effective strategies.
· Exhibits resourcefulness in response to challenge.
· Uses time and resources economically.
· Facilitates others' use of time and resources.
· Enhances customer service and experience.
COMMUNICATION AND COLLABORATION
· Translates goals into action.
· Makes connections between individual/team work
· Fosters productive working relationships.
· Contributes to effective group purpose and progress.
· Supports peers in achievement of projects while sustaining seamless service.
· Enables and supports peers in realizing their full job potential.
· Demonstrates commitment and resilience in the face of change.
RESULTS, OUTCOME AND PRODUCTIVITY
· Provides outstanding services to internal and/or external customers.
· Translates strategic goals into action.
· Motivates others toward achievement through example and approach.
· Uses time and resources economically.
· Develops strategies for effective teamwork.
· Exhibits resourcefulness in response to change.
· Sustains high quality services.
(The COMPANYWIDE Award recognizes endeavors which may satisfy any of the above criteria when applied to certain contexts.)
· Provides behind-the-scenes support for public activities or change initiatives.
· Initiates or contributes to cross-functional or interdepartmental efforts.
· Effects system-wide impacts upon workplace issues or customer services.
· Reinforces or enhances the COMPANY relationship with the CUSTOMERS.
Training / Certification
Suggestions / Ideas
Product or Service Quality
Other Metrics Specific to Each Organization
24th August 2006 From India, Mumbai