Legal And Hr Consultant
+1 Other

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Hi, in august 2007, one company filed my H1B visa for US and i got it stamped in Oct, 2008. I did not travel to US and did not join the company since they did not have any work for me. At that time, I signed a bond with that company. That bond was on company letter head, and it states that if I fail to join that company's US office or leave the company before one year (after joining them), I've to pay 10,000 USD. In february 2008, I joined their Bangalore center even they did not have any work for me. I waited for some more time, but they did not find any work for me. So, in this July, 2008, I decided to quit the company. So, I talked to my manager and now they are telling me that since I did not join their US office, I've to pay them 10,000 USD.

So, I want and advice that is this bond legal in india? If yes, can they still go ahead and file a case against me if I don't pay them 10000 USD and on what basis they can file a case against me? Is there any other way out?

Best Regards,
Sandeep Gor

From India, Bangalore
Dear Sandeep The bond should be executed on a non judicial stamp paper only, executing on any paper is illegal and void. regards Rajesh
From India, Pondicherry
No.. The document which you have signed is not a bond and its not legal. They cannot file a case against you.
From India, Hyderabad
Hi Rajesh, Sreelatha,
Thanks for the clarification. Even if the papers are legal, what should be other scenario in terms of logical aspects? I mean, suppose this is a legal bond, even then, based on the bond conditions, can they file case against me if I fail to pay them the obligations amount?

From India, Bangalore
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™