No Tags Found!

neeraj-kumar1
Hello Seniors, Please suggest me if we can consider Food and Accommodation in the Minimum Wage Act. For example, if one state has a minimum wage for an unskilled worker of Rs. 12,000/—and we hire a candidate with a monthly salary of Rs. 10,000/—+ Food + Accommodation, is this the correct way? If there is any correction, please suggest it to me.

Regards,
Neeraj Kumar
AM-HR

From India, Mohali
Madhu.T.K

Value of food supplied and the rental value of accommodation provided shall be added to the wages for compliance purpose. But then the total amount including food and accommodation will qualify for statutory contributions like ESI, PF, Bonus, Gratuity etc.
From India, Kannur
PRABHAT RANJAN MOHANTY

You can’t pay less than the minimum wage or can’t bifurcate under different categories I.e, Food & Accommodation.The payment can be with the component provided are of fixed nature. th
From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.