No Tags Found!

shreyar2409
I was asked to leave by the company, but I had to complete the handover and a few recruitments by 15th April. I asked them to release me by just taking the handover and concluding the work on 30th March.
The handover was completed on April 16, 2024. I proactively informed my manager that I had completed my handover and expected to be paid for all 16 days and the whole month.
In these 16 days, I had not attended any meetings, and no one asked me why I wasn't attending these meetings.
Now, the manager is saying I'll not be paid for 16 days as I did not attend the meet every day and did not work on hiring. I had asked them to complete the handover ASAP, but it was the team who delayed it, and finally, the last part was done on the 16th
am I liable for payment of 16 days?

From India, Pune
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Shrerar2409,

Each employee is eligible to draw his/her salary till his/her last working day. If the subordinate does not work as per the job requirements, then the manager should have provided feedback or even questioned the subordinate. However, this bugbear of under-working cannot be raised on the last working day.

Probably your company is a service company, and provisions of the Shops and Establishment Act of your state apply to your company. So irrespective of what the manager says, the said act makes you eligible to draw your salary till 16th Apr 2024.

Ask for the full and final settlement. Wait for the disbursement of the salary for April 2024 to other employees. If your salary is not credited, then write a letter to the MD of the company. In this letter, write only about the salary and not your complaints about the manager or the company. Send the letter by Speed Post with the acknowledgement due. Preserve the second copy of the letter and the receipt of the Speed Post carefully. If the MD remains unresponsive, then approach this forum. We will see what can be done further.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.