No Tags Found!

Dnyaneshwar Ahire
Dear Sir, I am working in a pharmaceutical company. I joined on 17 Aug.2022, resigned on 08 Nov.23 and completed one month's notice period.
In my appointment letter one month notice period is mentioned or substantive pay in lieu thereof.
In Jan.2023, the company revised the notice period from one month to two months and put notice on board.
HR asked to complete two month's notice period or pay one month's net salary. What can I do? Please help to get rid of this.

From India, Pune
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi Strictly speaking one month notice period only applicable to you. However better discuss with your HR and arrive at some amicable solution.
From India, Madras
PRABHAT RANJAN MOHANTY

Dear Friend,
Your notice period is two month as company revised the policy of notice period from Jan 2023.
Once amended, then the clause of appointment letter of one month notice period will not be applicable to you. Since this is your career matter go for 2 month NP or pay in lieu thereof for balance period.
The company's revised the notice period from one month to two months and putting notice on board is not proper but challenging its validity in our legal system is very tough and time consuming matter. The changes brought was never questioned by the employees, speaks validation.

From India, Mumbai
raghunath_bv

HI,Dnyaneshwar Ahire,

It seems like you're describing a situation where the company has revised its notice period policy from one month to two months, and employees are now faced with the choice of adhering to the new notice period or opting for payment in lieu of the additional month. Additionally, you mention that challenging the validity of the changes in the legal system would be tough and time-consuming.

I can provide some general insights:

Legal Implications:
While challenging changes to employment terms can be difficult, it doesn't mean it's impossible. Employees may still have rights and legal options, especially if the changes are seen as unfair or not in compliance with employment laws in their jurisdiction.

Consultation with Legal Professionals:
If employees have concerns about the revised notice period, they may want to seek advice from employment lawyers or legal professionals who specialize in labor law. They can provide guidance on the specific legal implications and potential courses of action.

Negotiation and Communication:
Sometimes, companies are open to negotiation or discussion regarding changes in employment terms. Employees might consider communicating their concerns or preferences to the company to see if there is room for compromise or flexibility.

Documentation:
It's crucial for both employees and employers to keep proper documentation of any communications, changes, or agreements related to employment terms. This can be valuable in case of any disputes or legal challenges in the future.

Company Policies:
Reviewing the company's official policies and any employment contracts or offer letters is important. It may provide insights into the procedures and conditions under which changes to employment terms can occur.

Employee Collective Action:
In some cases, employees may choose to collectively express their concerns or grievances. This could involve discussions with HR, forming employee groups, or seeking support from relevant labour unions.

Thanks,

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.