No Tags Found!

mohan-muddineni
Hi team, I have submitted my resignation in my current organisation on 25th August. Notice period is 45 days.
As soon as I submitted the resignation, my salary was kept on hold and not received August month salary. Payslip got generated but salary was kept on hold.
Not even releasing the partial amount to manage my basic needs. I don't have money to eat food also 😭.
They will release this hold salary (August+September+ 9 days in October) with full and final settlement.
So they are holding my 70 days salary.

The full and final settlement will be processed after 45 days from last working day it seems.
45 days from October 9th( 70+45) 115 days. I will die with hunger by then. I am a married guy need to take care of my family.
I am working here from 23rd August 2021. Appreciate your time and response.

Regards,
Mohan M

From India, Bengaluru
Madhu.T.K

Did you copy and paste whatever is written here in a mail sent to your HR Manager or the Managing Director? Then you would have received at least a part of your salary, I presume, because when you say that you will die of hunger, naturally, the employer should react.

Legally your salary cannot be kept on hold. But it is a common practice of private establishments to hold the last month's salary until NOCs are received from the departments. But the process will start at least two days before the exit of the employee itself and it will be initiated by the employee himself by collecting NOCs from different departments. Under no circumstance the F&F shall extend to 45 days of exit! It is a bad HR practice, if whatever your date calculations are correct. Legally, it is to be settled within 24 hours and in the case of gratuity, it should be paid within 30 days.

It is advisable to speak to the RO or the HR person and ask them to release the last month's salary or part of it keeping the balance to be paid on F&F.

From India, Kannur
Raghunath Sabat

Hi Mohan,

You should contact your HR department or the appropriate authority within your organization to explain your urgent financial needs and request the release of at least a partial amount of your salary to cover basic expenses. Make sure to mention your family's reliance on your income.

Additionally, inquire about the possibility of expediting the full and final settlement process, given your dire circumstances. Stay polite and professional in your communication to increase the likelihood of a favorable response.

If your organization does not provide a satisfactory resolution, you may want to consult with a labor or legal expert to explore your rights and options in this situation.

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.