No Tags Found!

Anonymous
Greetings!

I work at an edtech company and I recently applied for a change in my job title. Although I was told that this change would be made, I haven't received an official letter confirming it. Initially, when I requested the designation change letter, I was informed that due to the month-end, it would be challenging to adjust it in the payroll. Now that it's the beginning of the month, the HRBP has asked me to wait for another week or so. I'm uncertain why it's taking so long for the HR to provide the designation change letter. Could you please advise on how much longer I should wait or should I start looking out for another job?

From India, Hyderabad
aussiejohn

Why do you think you need to look for another job just because your current employer is being tardy in actioning a change of job title? Why is this causing you so much angst when it is merely an administrative change?

None of us here on this forum work for your organisation. We cannot speak for your employers. They alone decide how and when things happen, and you need to be mindful of that simple fact of life. If you are not happy with their decision making skills, then yes, maybe you need to find another organisation that will bow to your needs. And remember that if you become a thorn in their side, they may well decide that your services will no longer be required. Focus on doing your job to your best ability, not the administrivia.

From Australia, Melbourne
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

Promotions/Designation change cannot be demanded as a matter of right but to be considered by the Employer based on the performance of the Employee. However if you already discussed with your Employer and if the Employer agreed to it then you can wait for it. There might some be internal process towards implementing the same.

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.