kalyan-kumar-barik
Respected Sir/madam,
After original documents verification by epfo office how many days take to settle the death claim procedure in a case of offline application of a widow and children? Can you please clarify.
Thank you
With warm regards-
Kalyan Kumar Barik

From India, Bardhaman
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

It cannot be predicted. Subject to submission of all required documents it might take 2-3 months range. After covid, even now many PF offices are functioning with minimal man power. So after submission of documents you need to wait and see.

From India, Madras
kamlesh111

Dear Mr Barik,

I have various personal experiences with the PF Department and it is not very easy to get the work done and nobody is going to listen to you unless you issue a legal notice. For example, I have applied for a deferment of pension upto 60 years, which was allowed by the EPFO. I am having a pension fund membership with RPFC, Nagpur, and contributing to the pension fund after 58 years.

However, the information for my deferment of pension is to be sent to Accounts Department by the Pension Department which is sitting next door. I am writing for almost the last six months to the RPFC, Nagpur with a copy to Central PF Commissioner, but no action has been taken by RPFC, Nagpur. Even I put an application under RTI and it was of no use.

One more example, I want to apply for a higher pension and before that, I want to ensure that my pensionable salary will be the average of the last 60 months' salary while calculating the Pension. However, In spite of my having several representations to RPFC and Nagpur, and also applications under RTI to know the pension calculation method, to date only information I have got is that it will be announced on the website in due course.

These are just some examples and whenever needed, I had to resort to legal notice to authorities to get the work done.
My personal experience with RPFC, Nagpur tells us that we should not expect any time-bound action from the RPFC Authorities and nobody is going to listen to us.

Regards,

Dr Kamlesh Agrawal
Mumbai

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.