gkvyash
Hi everyone, I am working as HR Manager in a company in Gujarat.
Where professional tax is slab is till Rs 11999 Zero and from Rs 12000 & above it will be deducted Rs. 200. from gross salary.
Now my question is that on which salary it will be deducted on fix gross or earn gross.
Example : if my salary is 40000/- per month gross then it should be deducted Rs. 200/- but if my salary is Rs 40000/- and i was present only 5 days in particular month and my earn gross salary on that particular month is Rs. 6667/- then Rs. 200 will be deducted or not.

Please clarify.

From India, undefined
Madhu.T.K

Profession tax is a tax on income from profession. If you have earned nothing or only Rs 6667, then pay tax according to that slab. If your state's slab is like upto Rs 11999 there is no tax to be paid, then don't pay any tax for the period you had earned Rs 6667 as income/ salary. In the next month, if you had earned Rs 12000, then for that month pay Rs 200.
From India, Kannur
NEELAGANDAN D
how much amount from basic salary to mention Per year / month Professional Tax Slab limit. (i.e) Basic + DA Rs.12000 how much on professional Tax. Basic + DA Rs.18000 how much on professional Tax.

Madhu.T.K

Your question is not clear. If you want to know what would be the profession tax payable if the gross salary is Rs 18000 per month? If yes, I would say that the amount of tax would depend upon the state rules and you can know the slabs and the amount of tax payable from your nearest local self government / Municipal or Panchayat office.
From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.