nagarjuna-reddy1
Hi, I want to work as a Freelance Recruiter. I got an offer for the same. I had just one question how will I know that my Candidate has joined what could be the %age they will offer and what is the process? They said they will give 10%.

Regards
Reddy

From India, Hyderabad
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Nagarjuna Reddy,

In this case, the client must have hired the services of a recruitment agency. The latter in turn wishes to get the work done from you. Therefore, as per the provisions of Indian Contract Management, 1872 the recruitment agency is a contractor and you are a sub-contractor.

Keeping aside the legal issues, I recommend asking the recruitment agency to provide a proper Purchase Order (PO) on their company letter. Check whether the company is legally registered or not. In the PO, they should mention clearly:

a) The scope of the services
b) How the completeness of services will be measured
c) Quality parameters of the work if any
d) How the work assignments will be passed on to you? Tell them to make a standardised form and attach it as an appendix to the PO
e) What will be the method of raising an invoice? Tell them to attach the format of the invoice as an appendix to the PO.
f) Method of calculation of payment and credit terms
g) Clause on the non-disclosure of the information if any

Unless you receive a proper PO, do not start your services. There are a large number of examples wherein the recruiter was left in the lurch. Ensure that all the terms and conditions are clearly mentioned in the PO.

Your query was on how will you come to know that the candidate you recommended was hired. Point (b) above takes care of your query. Secondly, you will have access to the CV of the candidate. Therefore, you can do independent verification of whether the client has hired a candidate or not. In the PO ensure that a clause on independent verification is also included.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
nagarjuna-reddy1
Thanks sir it was very Informative for me
From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.