Meet Chavda
Dear sir, I want to ask if after the completion of the probation period is it compulsory to give a confirmation letter to employees. If a confirmation letter is not given but still we worked for almost 8 months does it automatically count as confirmation of employment. I was given a raise does that count as confirmation of employment. My probation clause is as below.

Probation Period: Your employment will be subject to an initial probation of three (3) months ('Probation Period'), which may be extended at the sole discretion of the Management if it may deem fit. Your employment will be confirmed by the Company only after evaluating your performance and capability on the basis of your efficiency and effectiveness during the Probation period. The employment may be terminated during the Probation period if the Management is not satisfied with your work and conduct without notice at any time during or on completion of the probation period/ by giving 30 days' notice or pay in lieu thereof without assigning any reason. On completion of Probation Period, the working arrangement may be continued on such terms and conditions as is mutually agreed between yourself and company.

Please guide me in this matter.

From India, Vadodara
rkn61

Unless otherwise Management gives in writing about extension of probation period, commencement of service, after completion of initial probation period of three months shall be automatically construed as "Confirmed" in Service.
From India, Aizawl
saswatabanerjee

I would take a view that the clause is worded such that unless the confirmation is in writing, it is assumed that the probation continues and is automatically extended.

Why don't you go and ask your HR about this?

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.