ravi-acharya
Dear Members, We wish to give a perk of a Company Driver to all our Heads of Department. Does anyone have a Driver Policy that can be shared with me? Thanks. Ravi
From India, Bengaluru
sonveersingh-bhati
what should be allowances for company car driver for outside of location
From India, Noida
Madhu.T.K

The allowances that a driver shall be given for outstation trips shall depend on the company's general travel policy. Normally, the drivers come under a category of employees which is below the employees who frequently travel for business purposes. Generally, the Sales persons are put on a much higher grade, but if you have a category for skilled technicians who travel for attending complaints at customer places, that can be taken as benchmark to decide the allowance for drivers.

While employing drivers, what is more important is to have a separate agreement on certain things applicable to them only. this can be part of the human resource policy or may be made as an annexure to the appointment order. A draft of a driver policy is attached for your perusal. This is to avoid drivers to use the company vehicle with care as if it is owned by himself. In various cases, what I have observed is that they drive company vehicles without care and with a feeling that anything wrong will be on the owners of the vehicle and nothing is going to happen to him. Ultimately, it is the RC owner who will face trial and consequences due to reckless driving by an employee. Therefore, I suggest we should have an undertaking like this so that the drivers feel that they should drive the vehicle with care and any damage caused to the vehicle should be on his shoulders only.

From India, Kannur
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: docx Drivers-annexure to appointment order.docx (14.6 KB, 3 views)

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.