No Tags Found!

Sayali Bharambe
I want to understand how this prefix and suffix leaves work if there is a public holiday in between and everything related to prefix and suffix leaves.
From India, Mumbai
KK!HR

Prefix and suffix denote the weekly holidays occurring at the beginning or end of the leave period respectively. Generally, all organisations pay for them and they are not counted among the days of leave availed. Same is the case with any public holidays, they could be prefixed or suffixed to any leave period and would be paid for and not counted as leave. However, if it happens to be during the period of leave it will be counted as a leave day.
From India, Mumbai
Sayali Bharambe
I didn’t got you please give examples with 1 public holiday and one general off if employees take holidays.
From India, Mumbai
KK!HR

Let us take the last week with the following conditions:
Weekly holiday - Sundays (9th, 16th May, etc)
Festival holiday - 14th May (Id-ul-Fitr)
Second Saturday - 8th May (Additional off day in a month)
If the employee avails leave from 10th to 13th May and reports for duty on 15th May, he/she gets paid from 8th May to 14th May, 8th & 9th May being prefix and 14th May being suffix. However, if the employee does not report for duty on 15th May, then 14th May is counted as on leave as well and if the employee reports for duty on 17th May, then 16th May is suffixed to the leave availed from 10th to 15th May.
I hope this is clear

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.