No Tags Found!

Nandhini Ananth
Dear all, Good Morning, I'm working in an IT Staffing company in Chennai. I had a doubt,
Is "May Day"(01/05/2021) mandatory leave for my sector? If yes, why for the white collar jobs?
Please clarify me, seniors.

From India, Karur
umakanthan53

Dear Nandhini,

May 1st of every calendar year is a national holiday in view of " May Day " under the Tamilnadu Industrial Establishments ( National, Festival and other Special Holidays ) Act,1958 to your establishment which falls under the TNSE Act,1947.

On such a holiday, it is not mandatory to keep the establishment closed but you can allow holiday to all employees or ask them to work on that day either on double wages or allowing them alternative holiday on any day within three days before or after such holiday.

From India, Salem
Aswath1302

May day 1st May is a National holiday under the TN national and festival holidays act hence it is a holiday in TN.

Employees can be called to work on National and Festival holidays provided they are given coff within three days or providing or wages

From India, Chennai
PRABHAT RANJAN MOHANTY

Dear Nandhini,

The May Day' (01/05/2021) is a holiday for your establishment under the Tamil Nadu Industrial Establishments ( National, Festival and other Special Holidays ) Act,1958. This holiday is not for the white collar jobs but for the establishment registered under the Factories Act and Shops and Commercial establishment Act.

On such a holiday, the establishment can also ask the employee to work either on double wages or allowing them alternative holiday on emergency and exigency or otherwise to keep closed.

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.