No Tags Found!

poonam-garg

Hi! Everyone. A brief introduction of mine will help you all to understand and guide me in the right direction. I work as payroll and compliance executive in a private firm with more than 500 employees. I have completed one year in this company. Nowadays I am feeling as if there is no more room to grow. I am getting nothing new to learn. I had word with my HOD to let me learn things from the operation, HRMS, or any other area which can help me in my career growth. Please guide me on which other areas I can opt for secondary to payroll and compliance which will help me in the future as well and have great value.
Looking forward to your valuable advice. Thanks in advance.

From India, Ludhiana
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Poonam,
You say that you work as a "Payroll and Compliance Executive" in a private firm. In the compliance part of your job, what are your duties?
Next question is on the division of the HR department. It is divided into how many sections and how many HR professionals are there in the department?
Your future career plans will depend on your qualification and the total length of your experience. Above all, your likes and dislikes also matter. Do you have an inherent pull towards any subject?
Please give a little more information.
All the best!
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
poonam-garg

Thank you Dinesh Divekar for you time to reply me. Below I'm furnishing requisite information
There is four segment in HR Dept. Viz.
1.Talent Acquisition
2.Operations
3.Payroll and compliance
4.Time management & HRMS
I'm BCA graduate with Master in Economics. Prior to this experience I was a mathematics and economics teacher in private school and had an experience of about 2.5 years. In HR I have only one year experience. Here I take care of payroll sheet(reimbursement, incentives, overtime, bonus, arrears etc) EPF and ESIC and other statutory compliance.

From India, Ludhiana
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Poonam,

To grow in your career, I visualise two options:

a) The first one is to find a job in HR Analytics. Many HR professionals openly admit that "they are not good in numbers". However, your Maths + Economics background could come in handy to you. You can do a course on HR Analytics also however, you should be able to learn on your own. The job in HR Analytics can be looked at either in the existing company or by changing the job.

b) The second option is to change the job and look for the job of an HR Manager, especially in the manufacturing sector. If you know statutory activities + Payroll processing then half of the battle is over. In small companies, HR is expected to do multifarious activities. In addition to these two, you can handle others as well.

Notwithstanding the options given above, you will get a tough competition from the MBAs. Whether to go MBA or non-MBA is a call taken by the company. Not all companies employ non-MBAs.

Whether in the current company or somewhere else, the common requirement to develop one's career is to improve command over written and spoken English. Not that you are poor in written English. Nevertheless, there is always a scope for improvement and keep on reading or solving exercises on business correspondence. Good command over the English language is a must. This command will help you stand out from the crowd.

All the best!

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
rkn61

@Poonam Garg,
Your query revealed that you have only 1 year of work experience in HR and it is too early for
you to feel monotony in your job responsibilities.
You may await for 2-3 years and work in the same company, at the same time, try to
improve your professional knowledge & skill by joining related HR courses, as suggested
by our senior member, Mr Diwakar.
As you worked as a teacher, T&D (Training & Development) facet of HR function shall also
suit you. If you are looking for a job in manufacturing sector, you need to master Labour laws, and you have to be competent enough to handle IR management (which is also another facet of HR).

From India, Aizawl
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Poonam,

Since you are BCA + MA (Economics), you may consider doing a course on Data Science. The jobs in the field of Data Science are great in demand. It is an upcoming field also and demand will remain there for the next 15-20 years.

For Mr Radhakrishna Nair: - Your suggestion of acquiring knowledge on labour laws is 100% correct. However, every manufacturing company does not have a labour union. A large number of companies from the manufacturing sector are without labour unions. Ms Poonam Garg can look for a job in such companies.

Secondly, she is getting bored with doing a monotonous job. This could be because of her personality style also. Based on the "Myers-Briggs Type Indicator" (MBTI) we need to check what is her personality style. Probably she could be from the "NT" group. The persons from this group get restless if they are given the same type of work. Of course, the final opinion can be made only after conducting the test.

Thanks

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
KIRTI28.AUTI

Dear Poonam ,
i do understand your situation , but i would like ti say keep calm your mind, and think that
1 How could i get deep knowledge in the same payroll function.
2 develop your own software which will help to other student where you can start your own business
3 start to take on line lecture or free tutorial on you tube channel so beginner will follows you which will help to to find out various new queries which you haven not came till the date
3 or find out how can i make new easy or smart technique in the same board work
4 suppose if we do same work continuously we became a master in the same field so do get disappoint and learn new think on he same base, "becase agar apka base pakka ho to building apne aap majboot ho jati hay "

From India, Pune
Sandhya Arya

Dear Poonam,
I would suggest you to try for Recruitment part as well, if you have any interest in this because Recruitment is a dynamic function. You will get to know various people, their behaviours etc. It would definitely bring new challenges for you every day and this way, you would feel good. It not only keeps you refresh but also keep you updated and also, it will give you an exposure to deal with the real world scenario.
I hope it helps.

From India, Ludhiana
jagdish.pathak

Dear Poonam,
Payroll and statutory compliance is a huge part in any organization, you should know the rules of PF / ESIC / TDS on salary / Professional Tax / LWF / Gratuity / Bonus / benefits under Maternity act and many more.
Do you look after all such activity OR you have outsourced the services to third party and you just provide the input to prepare the payroll sheet.
if you handle all such activities independently, you can get a senior position in any big organization.

From India, Gurgaon
sumitk.saxena

Dear Poonam,

Greetings of the day,

As you mentioned that you are working as payroll and compliance Executive but beside that you want to put focus on HR part like Recruitment-Training-Performance Appraisal-Compensation Designing which is now required in bulk today by various IT/Hospitality Industries. But While working as payroll and compliance Executive u will be able to handle the grievances mechanism-IR-Personnel Administration and aware of the Labour Laws in the country which is an essential part of HR & Administration but also put focus on Recruitment-Training-Performance Appraisal-Compensation Designing for your better future prospects to gain the commendable position. Recruitment-Training-Performance Appraisal-Compensation Designing will add extra advantage in your future in addition to Personnel Administration & Industrial Relation so don't get annoyed by your present profile but In Addition To Time Office-Payroll-Compliance also put focus on Recruitment-Training-Performance Appraisal-Compensation Designing for better future.All the very Best.

Thanks & Regards,

from,

Sumit Kumar Saxena

From India, Ghaziabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.