No Tags Found!

Anonymous
I am working in an MNC. Because I couldn't find project from last 2 months , they asked me to put resignation.
Their offer is 2 months gross salary and I don't need to serve notice period. Since the company doesn't want my service , I am ready to go.
But I would like to know 2 month salary is a fair deal or what? If no , then hoe much I can ask?
If I deny their suggestion and they terminate me, in that case what will get as surveillance package?

From India, Ernakulam
nelsonthomas9102

Hi Partner,
The first thing is that there is no severance package being offered here. It seems it is just the notice period pay of 2 months that is being offered to you, which you would have received anyway if you had resigned on your own and had served the notice period of 2 months. Normally, employment contracts hold a 2 month notice period clause, though some companies recently have made this 3 months.
The next question is on why you had not been able to land a project in the last 2 months if you had been on bench or in free-pool. If this is a case where the right project matching your skill set had not been available, the company cannot terminate your services or force you to quit, because it is not your fault that there is no project, though in future they can try for loopholes on role redundancy factors. I remember having worked on a case a few years back where the resource had been on bench for more than 6 months because the company could not find the right project of her skill set and she refused to resign. In the end she found another job in another company.
If it is a case where projects have been available but you have been refusing the opportunities, then you should be having a valid reason on why you cannot take up the project. An example is a case where an employee is offered a project of an entirely different skill set that she/he is not trained on. This can lead to a situation where non-performance issues pop up at a later stage of the project leading to even the termination of employment services in future.
So, it may be better to either continue until you get another job at another company or a project of relevance at the same company. The so called severance package of 2 months' pay offered here does not seem to be a good deal.

From India, Bengaluru
Anonymous
Hi Nelsonthomas9102, thanks for the response.
I said it's a surveillance package because , Here they offered me 2 month gross salary and I don't need to serve notice period.
Because of Covid situation most of the accounts are doing the ramp down, that's why I couldn't find project in last 2 months.
My suggested me to go for 3 month LOP, I rejected their proposal because I have loans, EMI's and all . So they asked me to put resignation and they will give me 2 month salary and I don't need to serve notice period.
Since company doesn't want my service I am ready to go But I would like to know if I ask for better surveillance package what will happen

From India, Ernakulam
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.