psb01
Hi, Hope you are doing well. I did an internship with let's say Company A from Jan to 30 Jun. As I received an offer from another company for FTE which they told me that they have an urgent requirement from 29th June, I said Yes. I didn't tell them that I was doing an intern until the 30th of June. Now they are asking me for an intern experience certificate. Should I give them the intern certificate which has an end date of 30th June? Will it create any problem?
From Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
loginmiraclelogistics

Hi Psb,
Is't in Kualalumpur? If yes, I don't the practice in Malaysia. But I'm giving this views based on Indian conditions only.
As far as I know, Internship is Not a job per se. There may not 'employer-employee' relationship existed yet. It's only part of your curriculum. Students are doing part-time job, like wise this. Many of the courses comprised of compulsory Internship of prescribed period, which I hope you have completed by June end and received the completion certificate also. Few days this side shouldn't a problem. So long as the hiring Co have no problem is accepting your Internship certificate completed by 30.6. you'll have no problem. My opinion is you shouldn't hide the fact, especially when they asked you to produce this certificate you'll have no option either. Simply show the xerox of the certificate to the concerned HR in advance before submission 'without highlighting the overlapping the date' on your own. Only clarify position if you are asked to. See what transpires then act depending on the development. My hunch is you'll have no problem on this issue.

From India, Bangalore
psb01
Hi,
I am an Indian Citizen itself . Due to vpn, this site detected CiteHR.
Actually, I am in 4th year of m B.Tech engineering and as a part of college project I did Internship with Company A from Jan to June. I already had offer from Company B as FTE from campus placement. I did Internship with this company A till 30th June(on paper). My project was completed on 24th June itself. Due to covid-19 as onboarding was from home itself for Company B, I thought that 2 days overlap won't make much difference.
But now due to my friends telling stories, I am little bit scared that they could terminate me.
Also, the papers I signed for onboarding process has a statement written that "At the time of signing you should not be employed by any other firm."
What should I do?
Please Help.

loginmiraclelogistics

Actually where are you now, already joined?! If yes, Did you face any problem? Internship, to my assessment is not an employment. Don't worry. Many students including interns are working in more than one place to fend for themselves as part time. The question will arise only when you really employed elsewhere simultaneously.
From India, Bangalore
psb01
I already joined Company B on 29th June. The company B terms contains this exact line

"I confirm that at the time of making this declaration, I am not presently employed or have accepted an offer for employment with any other organization whether part time or full time on a temporary/permanent basis. Except as mentioned

below, "

At the time of joining I didn't have experience certificate as Comapny A were going to give after they receive IT assets. Now, they have given me experience certificate till 30th June. And Company B is asking for it, but I joined Company B on 29th June. Due to the term I quote above, I'm now afraid to send them experience letter and they reminded me two days back to submit it. What should I do? should I wait till they forget about it or just send them the Company's A experience letter?

loginmiraclelogistics

You may delay it, but ultimately experience letter/course completion(internship) to be submitted when the insist giving you a last date for submission. I don't think you'll face an unsurmountable problem. Coming to worse the salary for 2 days (29 & 30th June) only has to be refunded as a solution to this. If any question asked since B wanted you to report for duty on 29th itself, and tell them having completed all formalities of Internship by then you preferred to join B. This is only inadvertent. Do you think the the Internship date can be corrected to show only upto 28th June, will it pose any problem, can you try this alternate if nothing works. And tell me did you get your Course Completion or Provisional Degree certificate? or waiting for the results.
From India, Bangalore
psb01
I will try your solution about company A to reduce date from 30th to 28th. I am waiting for the results right now. Our exams also didn’t happen due to covid situation.
loginmiraclelogistics

Ok, I hope this should work to solve the issues you are facing right now.
Is't yours' the first batch graduate of COVID. With exam or without exam. Some states still maintain they are sure to conduct Final exams, cancelling rest other semester exams. Any proposals to conduct some sort of online exams remotely? I have also supervised university exams for PG-distant courses where question papers are downloaded five minutes before the commencement and students wrote on answer sheets supplied by the U'sity. And entire session was directly supervised under watchful eyes of webcams realtime. Once the session is over answer booklets were sent to the Valuers by speed post within a timeframe and postal ackmts were scanned to the U'sity. This is just for your info I'm sharing.
All the best Psb.

From India, Bangalore
psb01
Okay, I contacted Company A, they are saying we can't change the date from 30th to 28th as it's against their company policy. Company B has given me time till Oct end to submit my internship certificate. I think I had to give it. Let's see what happens.
loginmiraclelogistics

Submit the certificate and see what happens. May be you won’t be entitled to salary for those days overlapped. Should be truthful. Not a serious issue in my opinion.
From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.