amar.salunkhe

Dear friends, I work in a capacity of an HR consultant for an organisation. We have signed 12 months agreement. Our payment policy says monthly payment.
I worked for the given company till 22 March, the date from which the lockdown has been going on.
Now, 2 days ago, I called the client and asked for my payment to which he said he will not pay me at all for my services for the month of March.
What action should I take now?

From India, Bhubaneswar
Madhu.T.K

In a contract of employment the days not worked can be taken either as paid leave days or unpaid days. But in a consultancy service such provisions will not be there. In fact the consultant is not an employee and as such he is not expected to follow the office mandates with regard to office timings, leave rules, reporting etc. If he does not turn up for a few days, the professional fee payable will be paid in full without any proportionate deduction. Therefore, the act of the company management reusing to pay the professional charges is not legally enforceable.
Since the issue is not related to non payment of salaries, you cannot raise a dispute in any of the labour forum but you can only file a suit for recovery of your fees following the relevant provisions of Contract Act.

From India, Kannur
PRABHAT RANJAN MOHANTY

Dear friend, You file a case in claim of your consultancy in court. As per the agreement or contract, your client is bound to pay for the period.
From India, Mumbai
rkn61

As you have worked for your client upto March 22, 2020, you are fully entitled to receive your consultancy fee from your client for the month of March. Please go legally. Thanks.
From India, Aizawl
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.