Anonymous
Hi, An employee joined in Aug 2019, and conceived in same month.
1. Is she eligible for maternity pay.
2. How is the payment done. Full salary or some other calculation.
3. As our company is facing losses and we have already terminated few employee n few on salary reduction can i
We apply this to pregnant employee

From India, Thane
Your Friend

Hi Anushri,
1. As per the Act, to be eligible for maternity benefit, a woman must have been working as an employee in an establishment for a period of at least 80 days in the past 12 months.
So if employee working continuously, then she is eligible.
2. Full pay
3. Please talk to your management and decide.

From India, Pune
mayfield-lourdes
Dear Seniors, I have one query, In X Company there are some workers in Regular roll and some are in fixed terms, Regular workers strength are very low then fixed terms, recently we have made wage agreement also for regular workman, now workers union demanding to consider converting fixed term workers as a Regular workman , my question is "whether it is necessary to consider there demand" management is not in a position to consider there request? How long we can keep them in Fixed Term: https://run3mods.com/

Reena Banerjee
Hello Friends, Can anyone please share the Maternity Benefit Act, wherein its mentioned the payment details. I would like to know the payment to be made on Gross or Basic+DA.
From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.