No Tags Found!

jayantikhant_1970@yahoo.com
In my organisation employee resign and last day of working is 4th august saturday than he is eligible to get salary for weekly off sunday
From India, Vadodara
Glidor

salary is payable upto the confirmation of date of resignation date :) it does not confirms the sunday / holiday or notified leave day

Aniket Pathak

NO Sir, If the employee is no longer an employee on sunday how could you pay him for that day.
From India, Pune
umakanthan53

Dear Jayantikhant,
The contract of employment comes to an end exactly on the date of relief of the employee either by his resignation or otherwise. Subsequent to that day, there is no contract of employment between the parties. Then how would he be entitled to off-day wages after his relief? If only his resignation is accepted with effect from the next day after his weekly off and relieved so, he is entitled to wages for the weekly off.

From India, Salem
mallikarjun goud
Dear Jayantikant,
If last working day on Saturday means resignation accepted and notice period served as per company norms so employer should not pay salary for him on Sunday(weekly off) as per my knowledge.
Team : In case of any thing please correct me.

From India, Chennai
Nagarkar Vinayak L

Dear Colleagues,
In my view it is legally payable if the establishment is covered under the State Shops Act.
The weekly off is paid off under the Act, if the employee has worked for preceding six days in the week. In the instant case that employee has worked till preceding six days up to Saturday which coincidentally happens to be his last working day as per notice period.
Irrespective of the fact that the contract of employment has supposed to have ended on the Saturday 30 the , by virtue of his fulfilling the condition of having worked on 6 days prior, he is entitled to the paid weekly off day immediately following six days' work.
Regards,
Vinayak Nagarkar

From India, Mumbai
PRABHAT RANJAN MOHANTY

Dear Friend,
The establishment has decalred the LWD of the employee is 4/08/2018, Saturday. The term of employment ends on 4/08/2018. Therefore the employee is eligible for wages up to last working day.
The question of weekly off day i.e. Sunday(5/08/2018) is out of context.

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.